IGNORED

Tell me your tales of social manipulation/experimentation.

oyster

yeah if you came to north birkenhead and tried setting someones shopping bags on fire, the next thing you knew about would be waking up at the bottom of the mersey with your feet in concrete blocks, , very few teeth, a seriously aching face, and about 30 seconds of air left your lungs.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

now you all are telling me that I haven't stood up to thugs... I grew up in a shitty neighborhood and my middle school was basically under marshal law at all times. I got my ass kicked ad infinitum, but I'm not hung up on it...actually I would hope that everyone has the chance to punch eachother in the face every couple weeks. Physical punishment is another thing that most people, including me of course, need.

Somehow most people are able to classify these small acts as "being a dick" when their whole fucking world is just a huge reflection of the same behavior. What everyone desperately denies is their own participation in this world's ridiculous perversity. You all admit, "yeah I see how things are goin, yeah I'm part of the problem, but mehhhh I'm comfortable with what I've got" Thats also the problem with comparing me with hippies. Hippies are just another group of people grown fat and complacent with their own ways. I'm not saying I'm the shining, pure, example of ultimate enlightenment. I'm saying people like me are the harbinger of this society's eventual passing.

in fact you've basically proven that your mindset is not something that anyone should want to embrace, because all you seem to have explained about it in this particular thread is that you enjoy causing mild harm to apparently perfectly innocent people.

now since this is the internet, I don't actually care if I explain myself or not, but my mindset is a little bit more comprehensive than just "destructive and harmful." I spend most of my time very peacefully, I actually believe in the good of our species, and interact with most people I meet very kindly. What I find is that although the individual "tries to live peacefully and happily", the masses are performing a societal suicide. Now given this situation, the only way not to "be a dick" to Humanity is to infiltrate the underlying thoughts of this civilization, person by person. Now, the way things are looking, its not even going to be very hard, the transition will happen regardless of anyone's efforts.

So yeah, sure, burning someone's bag isn't infiltrating the underlying thoughts of our civilization, lol, actually, HAHAHAHAH at that sentence...

Actually, LOL at myself. It is very obvious I'm struggling not to just be like: "OK, you got me"

i wasn't talking about standing up to thugs picking on you (which is a completely different situation)... i was suggesting that you wouldn't dare try and teach a big hardnut one of your bullshit lessons.

i read your wordy little agenda and am still left wondering 'what are you actually teaching anyone with these pathetic insignificant little protests?'

man i don't know much about you but i expect you're a huge hypocrite.

man i don't know much about you but i expect you're a huge hypocrite.

Of course I am a hypocrite, I'm not consistent, every other day its something else I'm raving about, (for a week straight, it was this kind of fanaticism about romanesco broccoli, which tastes very good sauteed in butter, by the way). But then again, I am no monk, I am no perfect being. I am just a very dynamic (and at the same time very predictable) person, very easily explained by my preference for the chaotic, but also the ordered. See that is my schtick, whether I'm right, or whether I'm wrong, I don't see any difference. The introduction of complexity to the system is my way of going with the universal flow. Now while everyone sedates themselves with the virtues of consistency and belief, I go have a grand smashing time pretending I'm not. See, I would be at fault if I wasn't completely embracing my own hypocrisy.

trying my best not to be assuming, and not to continue this fairly pointless little tiffle any longer than necessary, but i suggest instead of worrying about everyone else being stuck in such a disgusting and unpleasant civilization and dig inside your own head in order to work out why you think its going to benefit anybody, anything, or any part of society playing stupid pranks on people you dont even know.

dig inside your own head in order to work out why you think its going to benefit anybody, anything, or any part of society playing stupid pranks on people you dont even know.

I just mentioned those pranks because they were in topic with this thread. Just strange ways of having fun, when it comes down to it. I wouldn't place those mundane pranks as important at all in the grand scheme of things.

Now as for digging inside my head, I have and continue to try and understand what is going on in this world, quite clinically. I have been reading and studying of my own accord for many months now, changing my ways of thinking drastically. But funny enough, that isn't what this thread was about to begin with.

Wow touchy everyone? Who the fuck cares if he did some silly nonsense? It's not like he hurt anyone. The oregano thing is funny. Lighten up. :mellow:

Wow touchy everyone? Who the fuck cares if he did some silly nonsense? It's not like he hurt anyone. The oregano thing is funny. Lighten up. :mellow:

I think the problem people had with it wasn't that he did it but the fact that he seemed to attach some significance to it. Everyone's done stupid and probably mean-spirited things to other people, especially when they're young, but we don't all think doing that "opened people's minds" or that we were any more enlightened than them because we did it.

I think the problem people had with it wasn't that he did it but the fact that he seemed to attach some significance to it. Everyone's done stupid and probably mean-spirited things to other people, especially when they're young, but we don't all think doing that "opened people's minds" or that we were any more enlightened than them because we did it.

Yeah I can understand that. Its kind of like two separate things that it seemed I was linking together in a douchey way. I got a bit carried away trying to very shittily describe the psychological response of the American consumer to a reflection of the perversities of capitalism, yeah, and burning someone's bag isn't a good way to explain that. My fault.

Guest Babar

I think i can understand Salvatorin'point in some way :

The pranks he'used to playing seem to me like koans (short zen riddles):

Once the monks of the eastern and western Zen halls in Nansen's temple were

quarrelling about a cat. As he saw this, Nansen held up the cat and said,

"You monks! If one of you can say a word, I will not slay the cat."

No one could answer. Nansen cut the cat in two.

lol

Guest theSun

i have a friend who likes to yell sexual innuendo at pedestrians. if they are walking a dog, she'll yell "doggy style!" or bicycle riders get "Ooh yeah ride it!!" along with whatever else she comes up with.

she also likes to throw dinner rolls and pickles and communion wafers at people, in that order.

Guest cardan

right-o, phil

some people on here get there panties bunched so tightly, its funny to read them struggling to convince...somebody... that you're just a silly little prick...

"ooooh, look at meeeee, if you did that to meeee, well, iiiiii, bluuuuuuh, see cuz i'm a hard guy, and uhhhhh, you're such a pansy, and bluuuuuuuuh, well, iiiiii.... blabalbalblalbalblBULLSHIT" QUIT TRYIN TO FUCKIN PROVE YOURSELF TO WHO EVER ABOUT THIS FUCKING TOPIC!! WHO GIVES A SHIT WHAT YOU THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG FUCKIN DEAL!

edit: people are fucking going way out of their way trying to "prove" you're "wrong", they reek of smelly stupid SHIT... should your actions be that important to them!?!? just fucking stupid and ridiculous and SILLLLLYYYY

Guest Space Coyote

This thread is really lacking in tales of social manipulation and experimentation.

Maybe I can think of something better than this later on but one thing that comes to mind (that I'm sure a lot of us are guilty of) was befriending a rich american kid at school ~1.5 weeks before his birthday in order to secure an invite I otherwise would not have gotten to his kick ass sleep over party. I am pretty sure that in a non-confrontational way I stopped being 'friends' with him soon after the party.

iain c has now proven himself to be much funnier than I previously gave him credit for.

Which one is he again?

Archived