IGNORED

Michael Jackson is dead.

Guest Mr Salads

grumpybedstick.jpg

michael jackson is dead? this makes me a sad breadstick.

3313831833_de16f83a32.jpg

Sad scone.

omg! scones you just totally top trumped me on the emotional bread front.

there i was thinking it was impossible... but... BAM! you just threw down your troy card,

blowing my sharpay out of the water.

edit: oh drat!

2436367999_b108804f37.jpg

Sad plum.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, when I was eating dinner earlier the Eastenders omnibus was on and there was a scene where someone in the black family (seemingly the only black family) mentions their shock at the news about Michael Jackson.

This is notable because Eastenders is shot six weeks before it's shown on TV, so literally in the last couple of days it's been shot and edited in. I don't watch Eastenders so I'm not sure if it was even featured in the same episode shown in the week...

Struck me as really odd that they'd go to such lengths to get a reference in.

why? it's a pretty huge cultural event.

It is indeed, but to edit it in the Omnibus is a bit of an effort. I dunno, even the camera angle made it seem tacked on. Not that Eastenders is remotely artful or anything, but I don't think real life should get in the way of fiction in that way.

Makes complete sense to me.

ie. to make eastenders seem like real life. It may be fiction, but it tries its best to not appear like it. That is the idea of acting.

Guest abusivegeorge

Obel

Im a friend of steve McFadden, and quite often shows are shot as little as 3 days before viewing, the episodes that are shot (up to) 6 weeks in advance are very rarely wrapped or edited untill a couple of days/day before on-air (Yes they really do run it that tight).

Also on another interesting note, Channel 4 shoots 5 episodes of Deal Or No deal every single day.

So we should still be seeing it in 3090 or so.

i don't know of this is jazz but i just read that once his hair caught on fire during a performace he was unable to grow it back in the front. that's why his new looks had wack hair, all hairstyles, wigs

Guest Mr Salads

yek -

The autopsy found him completely bald, with needle marks and scars on his arms.

Crazy stuff.

seriously though, all the accusations of pedophilia, wouldn't he have exhibited some of that behavior long long before his solo career? it doesn't make sense from a psychological profiling point of view.

that man is just a tragic figure....of Mike Tyson epic proportioness...

yeah i don't agree that he's a full-on pedo

was interesting that corey feldman (sp?) talked about how gutted he was...i believe he's on record as being sexually abused (not by jackson)...my feeling is it's likely Jackson just gravitated towards emotionally bruised boys out of a sense of kinship...not sure if it went farther than that but I'm skeptical, given his answer to Oprah's question about whether he was a virgin or not, to which he responded "i'm a gentleman." Seems like he was basically a man-boy, with a huge amount of talent but a lot of anger and resentment eating at him from inside...did you read Presley's blog post about it? I found it fascinating. Seems like he was also something of an egotistical monster...probably when he didn't get his way...

Guest analogue wings
yeah i don't agree that he's a full-on pedo

was interesting that corey feldman (sp?) talked about how gutted he was...i believe he's on record as being sexually abused (not by jackson)...my feeling is it's likely Jackson just gravitated towards emotionally bruised boys out of a sense of kinship...not sure if it went farther than that but I'm skeptical, given his answer to Oprah's question about whether he was a virgin or not, to which he responded "i'm a gentleman." Seems like he was basically a man-boy, with a huge amount of talent but a lot of anger and resentment eating at him from inside...did you read Presley's blog post about it? I found it fascinating. Seems like he was also something of an egotistical monster...probably when he didn't get his way...

they spent five months and a zillion dollars trying to prove he was a pedo and the only evidence they ever came up with was some questionable as fuck testimony. some of which from a kid whos mum was later convicted of pulling scams

if he was such a rampant pedo and given his naievity and nuttiness, they should have been able to totally nail him

the only thing anyone ever "proved" about michael jackson was that he was the world's #1 blackmail target

yet in the public's mind mj = monster

whereas r kelly, fuck he's just a normal dude. NEVER MIND THAT THERES A VIDEO OF HIM COMMITTING THE ACT OF PAEDOPHILIA

oh yeah, and the cuntfuck cracker ass LASD arrested him on the DAY HIS ALBUM CAME OUT. yeah cos they were just impartial cops not waging any kind of vendetta against the weird nigger

guy basically spent most of his life being totally shat on

i had a wild idea and that was that by mj creating a 50 date tour and selling tickets he could judge just how popular he still is after everything... he saw he was popular , took some pills, and ended his life. this especially makes sense because of his health and shit, 50 tour dates? he wouldn't have been able to make that at all.

Yeah, IM starting to think Mj was a really nice dude that was totally taken advantage of from many angles.

i wouldn't go that far, read what Presley and his nanny said about him. He was clearly an egotistical control freak as well.

Guest analogue wings
Yeah, IM starting to think Mj was a really nice dude that was totally taken advantage of from many angles.

i wouldn't go that far, read what Presley and his nanny said about him. He was clearly an egotistical control freak as well.

that just brings him into line with pretty much every other creative genius ever

Im sure he was a control freak in the way that he probably thought what he thought and no one could convince him any other way. No matter how loony the thought, but he did seem like he could be easily controlled by people that were good at that sort of thing. Preying on his thoughts. Becoming yes men and lying in wait to pounce. He didn't seem like an objective thinker is my meaning, but a nice fellow.

was interesting that corey feldman (sp?) talked about how gutted he was...i believe he's on record as being sexually abused (not by jackson)

yeah. Jackson only showed him photos of diseased genitals... which, for the record, is very IDM.

I agree though. I don't believe jackson was a full pedo. I've spent the last few nights watching interviews with him and he is clearly a person who never had friends growing up. that must be fucking difficult.

Archived