IGNORED

Post pics of your shoes

Guest dese manz hatin

Guest Iain C

i don't get it? are you suggesting my shoes are pedestrian?

*rimshot*

but yeah. i often wear plaid shirts, baggy jeans and i wear wool pullovers all the time in winter. you probably wouldn't even speak to me if you'd ever meet me.

(at Iain)

I'm just joshing you, I don't judge people based on what they wear unless they're personally offensive to me for other reasons, or they're trying too hard.

Guest ezkerraldean

my size 13 steel-capped waterproof walking boots of invincibility are simply too awesome to be posted here

Guest Iain C

iain would so speak to iep

I'm a huge, huge fan of wooly jumpers, I'm looking forward to autumn so I can start wearing some of my favourites again: my traditional Norwegian jumper which is a 1960s vintage, my jumper with a picture of a parrot on which I got on a market stall, and my fancy-pants designer Junya Watanabe sweater which I bought a couple of months ago!

damnit iain, drop the designer malakery or i'll never make you another birthday thread

and try this judging-people-for-their-clothing-thing sometime, it's quite good

shoes_iaec1002068.jpg

Adidas has launched a new running shoe with 'bounce' technology which channels all your energy into propelling you forward, into your stride.

The sleek new BounceTM shoe is perfect for gaining the edge on your competitors whether on the running field or on the high street.

BounceTM 'structures' under the heel of the shoe provide a rebound effect on impact and springboard you forward.

To highlight the shoe's advanced technology, these 'structures' are visible for the first time through a transparent heel panel and are developed to create a lighter weight shoe and help cushion your step.

From the striking blue colour pallet to the unique BounceTM structures in the heel, this shoe is perfect for the person who wants a head start on the field and the street.

do NOT buy these shoes under any circumstances. after using them for about 3-4 months i've developed horrible heel spurs where it is now actually difficult/painful to walk or put any kind of pressure on my heels. the shoes have this 'bounce' technology but really it has virtually no heel support, where you 'bounce' from the open padding and the plastic on the heel. it doesn't work and i'm going to have to buy new running shoes again soon. open to suggestions

Guest Iain C

I read an article recently (although it was in the Daily Mail) which endorsed barefoot running as more healthy and effective than most fancy running shoes... let me see if I can find it

Here we go: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1170253/The-painful-truth-trainers-Are-expensive-running-shoes-waste-money.html

At Stanford University, California, two sales representatives from Nike were watching the athletics team practise. Part of their job was to gather feedback from the company's sponsored runners about which shoes they preferred.

Unfortunately, it was proving difficult that day as the runners all seemed to prefer... nothing.

'Didn't we send you enough shoes?' they asked head coach Vin Lananna. They had, he was just refusing to use them.

'I can't prove this,' the well-respected coach told them.

'But I believe that when my runners train barefoot they run faster and suffer fewer injuries.'

Nike sponsored the Stanford team as they were the best of the very best. Needless to say, the reps were a little disturbed to hear that Lananna felt the best shoes they had to offer them were not as good as no shoes at all.

When I was told this anecdote it came as no surprise. I'd spent years struggling with a variety of running-related injuries, each time trading up to more expensive shoes, which seemed to make no difference. I'd lost count of the amount of money I'd handed over at shops and sports-injury clinics - eventually ending with advice from my doctor to give it up and 'buy a bike'.

And I wasn't on my own. Every year, anywhere from 65 to 80 per cent of all runners suffer an injury. No matter who you are, no matter how much you run, your odds of getting hurt are the same. It doesn't matter if you're male or female, fast or slow, pudgy or taut as a racehorse, your feet are still in the danger zone.

But why? How come Roger Bannister could charge out of his Oxford lab every day, pound around a hard cinder track in thin leather slippers, not only getting faster but never getting hurt, and set a record before lunch?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1170253/The-painful-truth-trainers-Are-expensive-running-shoes-waste-money.html

also running on grass is best. barefoot on hard ground might be good for a bit, but it will fuck up your bones probably

zew balance is good though

Guest Iain C

I can't run for shit, sadly. I'm terribly unfit. I've been cycling a lot lately though. You don't need fancy shoes for that.

I read an article recently (although it was in the Daily Mail) which endorsed barefoot running as more healthy and effective than most fancy running shoes... let me see if I can find it

Here we go: http://www.dailymail...aste-money.html

ah thanks for that link. i've seen people wearing the Vibram Five Fingers before which look really cool, but am kind of wary about actual foot/arch support. running on concrete barefoot without any kind of padding doesn't seem like it could be all that good, but i could see using them for the treadmill. i'm also going to check out nike free that has a bit more padding/support but is also basically barefoot

review link of five fingers: http://www.crunchgea...ingers-classic/

photo:

large.jpg

shoes_iaec1002068.jpg

do NOT buy these shoes under any circumstances. after using them for about 3-4 months i've developed horrible heel spurs where it is now actually difficult/painful to walk or put any kind of pressure on my heels. the shoes have this 'bounce' technology but really it has virtually no heel support, where you 'bounce' from the open padding and the plastic on the heel. it doesn't work and i'm going to have to buy new running shoes again soon. open to suggestions

Agreed, I used them for 3 days and got shin splints. Try Adidas Kanadia.

Guest Iain C

Converse look better when they're beaten up and falling apart, fact!

Not those right?

Yes those. I'm a sucker for hitops with velcro and some of my ebay money came in and they were RIGHT THERE.

Guest Iain C

It's no secret that I have no impulse control when it comes to clothes and shoes... they'll probably end up on ebay soon

It's no secret that I have no impulse control when it comes to clothes and shoes... they'll probably end up on ebay soon

They're nice enough, it was more 'cheap shoes from Topman betraying your West Virginia roots'.

I nearly bought these at the weekend, then I realised I'm far too old for them.

16324824_04_b?$magnify$

Guest Iain C

They're nice enough, it was more 'cheap shoes from Topman betraying your West Virginia roots'.

16324824_04_b?$magnify$

I know, I know... in my defence I'm in Peterborough for the next couple of weeks so you're actually pretty accurate. Would that I could afford Thisket's Margiela hi-tops. That bastard. Those Nike's look decent though. There are far too many flashy colourways going around on trainers these days. Grey, black and white are just right.

Guest dese manz hatin

16324824_04_b?$magnify$

Big looks man. I've been trying to buy some hitops for a while now (preferrably nikes) ... but I'm not sure wether they would fit my general style (sounding like a major pussy when i'm 'ere). Also, I seem to have a strange preference for women's shoes which I can't properly explain... and they're never available in my size.