IGNORED

[mix-tape] brain drive : or how I plugged myself in

karmakramer

death_race_2000_poster_02.jpg

Inspired by the original 1975 "Death Race," I recorded this more upbeat mix today live. Maybe put this one on CDR and listen in the car while you run people over for points. Babies are worth the most!

Tracklist:

AFX - .215061

BoomBlaster - Untitled A3

Black Meteoric Star - Dreamcatcher

The Field - Leave It

AFX - Analogue Bubblebath

Boom Bip - The Pinks

Ceephax - Cold War Acid

Aphex Twin - Heliosphan

Black Moth Super Rainbow - I Think It Is Beautiful That You Are 256 Colors Too

Clark - The Magnet Mine

Aphex Twin - Afx 237 V.7

Genres: Acid, IDM, Techno

Total Length : 27 minutes 35 seconds

Size : 63 MB

Download (streamable)

• 2 weeks later...

thanks elliot,

usually a good week or so after I made a mix I get sick of it and want to make another... but this one has been pretty good since I posted this, so do grab this if the artists appeal to you.

I d/l'ed it, but haven't had time to listen. I'm going to burn it and bring it to work with me tomorrow, as I like all the songs on it I have heard. My only complaint is length. Too short. I PERSONALLY (imho etc...) like to make my mixes as close to a full cd length if possible. Sometimes it ends up a tad shorter than I'd like, but never longer, as it defeats the purpose.

I d/l'ed it, but haven't had time to listen. I'm going to burn it and bring it to work with me tomorrow, as I like all the songs on it I have heard. My only complaint is length. Too short. I PERSONALLY (imho etc...) like to make my mixes as close to a full cd length if possible. Sometimes it ends up a tad shorter than I'd like, but never longer, as it defeats the purpose.

yeah it completely depends on your tastes... I used to agree that a mix should be about CD length or maybe even longer (should be able to build you into dancing)... but recently I've been more into the idea of creating more polished shorter mixes and then putting them together in like a series or fuck "trilogy"... make it so when you plug it into your mp3 player once the first one is finished it will basically pick back up with part 2. I find committing to an hour plus length mix when sitting at work or home is a bit much, especially when greatest excitement is hearing it performed live.... recordings although nice could be heavily produced and put together, so the magic of a good transition done live on a recording doesn't come off nearly as cool or smooth, I'm finding.

hope you enjoy though, I wouldn't say my mixes have been focused for the purpose of dancing or anything. I definitely break it up here and there with some more chill stuff or whatever. This mix however I must admit gets my feet tapping.

Archived