IGNORED

Do You Know Squarepusher Manifesto

FLA FUR BIS FLE

lol this was the post right above the manifesto:

yo yo yo,

anybody got a copy of that wretched squarepusher manifesto that was included with 'do you know...' promo? I can't find a copy of it and I want to re-live the moment when I lost all respect for him. (his music is among the finest of course, but what a douchebag to write that thing...esp. because he probably thought people would think he was smart or something. gross.)

<<<

>>>>

and I found this too:

sp-man2.jpg

anybody got a copy of that wretched squarepusher manifesto that was included with 'do you know...' promo? I can't find a copy of it and I want to re-live the moment when I lost all respect for him. (his music is among the finest of course, but what a douchebag to write that thing...esp. because he probably thought people would think he was smart or something. gross.)

<<<

>>>>

that basically sums it up for me too, except I don't really dig much of his music anymore. Theres a few gems, but the rest is shit

I have to disagree... a lot of it is brilliant. I don't really take into account what he has to say about his music because it's really beside the point. Music such as his is left entirely up to the interpretation of the listener, imo, so what someone else says about it, even the creator, doesn't even really register with me.

He said himself that he doesn't understand it, so why the fuck listen to him?

Though I really wish he would never open his mouth on a recording again :laughing:

it has nothing to do with what he said. I recently went back and listened to his entire catalogue... and I think there's maybe 10 tracks I really like, and the rest are complete forgetable to me.

Thats not very good considering how many releases.

I've never been a big Squarepusher fan compared to the other electronic music superstars. He may be a pretty good musician but he's an utterly shit writer.

It's not so much that I mind F-Train, it's the fact he felt the need to write out the lyrics. At least when you didnt know what they were it seemed a bit more ambiguous and, well, better.

Did he realise he'd look a nob if he printed the lyrics and that's why he decided not to bother?

Was it actaully ever released with the lyrics inside the cover?

Archived