IGNORED

Pitchfork's Autobukakke Decade Recap

Overand

I've been reading pitchfork's "P2K" decade recap this week and, while it's a step down from Y2K or even Will2K, I'm enjoying the predictability of their aging-hipster taste. It gets funnier and more enraging as it approaches #1.

http://pitchfork.com/p2k/

Also, if anyone is taking bets, based on the list so far I'm guessing they're going to put either Hey Ya or Idioteque in the #1 spot.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is probably the album of the decade. It's not just the music, but the whole thing about that album, it represents exactly the 00's.

But yeah there's a lot of lols in those articles.

I've been reading pitchfork's "P2K" decade recap this week and, while it's a step down from Y2K or even Will2K, I'm enjoying the predictability of their aging-hipster taste. It gets funnier and more enraging as it approaches #1.

Also, if anyone is taking bets, based on the list so far I'm guessing they're going to put either Hey Ya or Idioteque in the #1 spot.

why does anything pitchfork/richdork media says does or even so much as infers matter to you?@!# give me an honest answer, plz.

why does anything pitchfork/richdork media says does or even so much as infers matter to you?@!# give me an honest answer, plz.

I can't say no to lists, especially decade recaps of film and music.

this list seems pretty cool, maybe cause i grew up with most music on that list. i still remember whacking off to kylie's and j-lo's music videos.

Guest zaphod

you guys act like pitchfork has never championed new and interesting music or something. yeah they're predictable a lot of the time, at least with lists and things, but they do review a shit ton of music, and a lot of it is good. and the tv feature ain't bad, they play some cool older movies and some of the performances are decent. it could be worse, it could be mtv.

you guys are disappointing. I was expecting an anti-pitchfork thread on Monday when the list started.

I hated this list before it was popular.

Realistically though, it's a decent list, it's more the articles that accompany it that I find ridiculous.

Also re: fapping to kylie and j-lo. I remember seeing the white dress part of the "Can't Get You Out of My Head" video for the first time as the moment puberty hit me like a safe dropped on a cartoon character.

Guest Deep Fried Everything
it could be worse, it could be mtv.

^---- this. i remember i used to cringe and deride many of pfork's reviews, but it's true they tend to pay attention to the music that i like, and i feel like their reviews have more "meat" to them than they used to, though they're still far from perfect (i mean they're words written about music...)

Guest zaphod

i just pay attention to the artists they review and ignore the reviews themselves. yeah they champion a lot of really trendy crap, but they still review almost everything i listen to as well. some of the guys who run the site and conduct interviews seem like total douchebags, but that kind of comes with the territory.

I can't express enough contempt for Pitchfag. "My girls" as, let alone, one of the best songs of the last ten years, but also the best Animal Collective track?

ScannersExplodingHead.gif

i pretty much agree with zaphod. pitchfork is often annoying, but it's a good source of information. there's too much music out there to sort through on your own, and their tastes seem to be a decent fit for me.

if i read the words "blissed-out" too many more times, though, i think i might just shit right in my chair.

and i don't trust them with electronic. not enough coverage or good taste there. that's what you guys are for though!

Guest Iain C

It's ironic because Pitchfork haven't been relevant at all this decade.

In fairness, their reviews are generally MUCH better nowadays than when they were at the nadir of their "conceptual" faggotry a few years ago... but they're still suffering for it because of their reputation.

Guest Iain C

I'm surprised they made it at all. They're not all that well known compared to some of those bullshit electroclash/any similar genre that is comprised 100% of pure shit bands. They never had any properly released songs either, unless you thought telephasic workshop was a single.

Are you a moron or do you just live under a rock? Every hipster knows who BoC are.

Guest bitroast

I can't express enough contempt for Pitchfag. "My girls" as, let alone, one of the best songs of the last ten years, but also the best Animal Collective track?

ScannersExplodingHead.gif

hehe yeah. it was pretty awesome at first but once i familiarised myself with it's insanely repetetive lyrics, i dont think i could put it on any top 10 list of the best songs of the past 10 years :P

Guest Iain C

Sorry, sometimes I forget not to be an arsehole all the time on WATMM. But I've never understood why so many WATMMers don't know anyone else who listens to AFX/BoC/Autechre or whatever, they're all well-known if not well-liked artists amongst the majority of my friends and extended social circle...

And pitchfork in particular have always reviewed BoC's music and rated it pretty highly if I recall. When I was first getting into BoC, guess where I was reading about them?

Archived