Engineers - Three Fact Fader

Dinosaur Jr - Farm

Subway - Subway II

Elephant Stone - The Seven Seas

The Horrors - Primary Colors

2009 has been amazing so far...

Guest mikew5th

i dont get why people like bibio so much

i'm glad i see so many bands listed that i've never heard of, lots of new music for me to discover!

now i've just got to see how much i can find on the sordomusic database as i'm on a mac now which doesn't do soulseek

Guest moo duck

Sun Ra and his myth science solar arkestra - Nidhamu & Dark Myth Equation Visitation (re-issue)

Mika Vainio - Black Telephone of Matter

SND - Atavism

Hecker - Acid in the Style of David Tudor

Tim Hecker - an Imaginary Country

Clark - Totems Flare

Dr Who Dat? - Beyond 2morrow

J Dilla - Jay Stay Paid

these are what i remember

Either Clark's or Keaver & Brause - The Middle Way.

Not been many mindblowing albums but a lot of decent ones.

AHAHGHHGAA! why in the fuck did this boring band rip off the name of an obscure 60s's synthesizer group Beaver & krause? i mean it just raises my expectations so much that would never think in a million years it was boring indie shit which it is, its 10,000 times less interesting than the cheesy synthesizer shit made by B & K.

luke eargoggle - lightwriters infovox

where can one find this? I heard some luke eargoggle stuff from brian e that blew me away, some of the most interesting electro i've heard.

my own -

tortoise - beacons of ancestorship

Reformed Faction (Z*F) - I am the source of light, I am not a mirror 3xcd

SND - Altavism

Brian E - Yellow Light District

Wisp - Shimmering Hour

Nommo Ogo - Across Time and Space

DJ Stingray and Heinrich Mueller - Drexyian connection

Ceephax - Drive Time

Kush Arora - Boiling Over

Soisong - xAj3z

Terminal 11 - Kaleidoscope Eyes

Guest zaphod

the year isn't over yet?

i haven't heard much this year. i'm pretty bored with what i have heard. maybe it's time to dig a little deeper.

luke eargoggle - lightwriters infovox

where can one find this? I heard some luke eargoggle stuff from brian e that blew me away, some of the most interesting electro i've heard.

i'm quite sure it's easy to order on the web. of course i didn't buy it, you know how i am lol

yeah the drexciyan connection ep is great! it's just weird to listen to the first track at this tempo when you've heard it already on stingray's myspace at a way faster tempo.

ceephax's drive time was great too.

brian e - yellow light district: what is it with the weird EQ/mastering? i think it spoils the whole thing because the tracks are fucking great apart from that. now it might be just me but really, the first versions of these tracks sounded better imo

Clark - Totems Flare

Wisp - The Shimmering Hour

Bibio - Vignetting the Compost and A. Avenue

Kettel - Myam Jams Part 2

Alva Noto - Xerrox Vol. 2

Lotus Plaza - The Floodlight Collective

Pan American - White Bird Release

Luke Vibert - We Hear You

Hecq - Steeltongued

The Field - Yesterday & Today

Richard Skelton - Marking Time

Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion

... but lots more to look forward to, so I don't think we've seen AOTY yet.

brian e - yellow light district: what is it with the weird EQ/mastering? i think it spoils the whole thing because the tracks are fucking great apart from that. now it might be just me but really, the first versions of these tracks sounded better imo

the record sounds pretty standard mastering to me, what format did you hear it in? if you bootlegged the mp3s i wouldn't be surprised if it sounded different. i'm honestly pretty surprised that the mastering would be weirding you out in any way (if you heard it proper), the pre mastered tracks VS the final ones sound pretty similar.

Out of curiosity I just checked out the Scorn release on RLR on an mp3 blog where it had been ripped. I was very pleased that the idiot who ripped it did it at 45rpm and not 33 1/3rd and the treble was turned up insanely high. i have to lol at people who only downloaded it and didnt bother to buy.

ok you know what, i just listened to the tracks again but with headphones this time (real good ones - theyre not mine though boohoohoo) and 3 things surprised me:

1- the mastering is pretty good actually - i think it was just my speakers that fucked up the sound

2- the masters are indeed quite similar to the originals. i compared the 2 versions of tokyo rock and the EQ is the same actually

3- the mp3 rip i grabbed is awful! the sounds are saturated a bit. blame the fucker who ripped the album! *shakes fist*

to sum up, my apologies, my speakers are shite and some people can't even rip a vinyl properly

at first i thought animal collective's new one was really good

but then i heard grizzly bears newest (awsome live show at the pabst from this tour too) and i've read on some other places that they say this album is

but that was before i heard the new megafaun - holy shit

all tiny creatures - also awesome

but now i've downloaded the new single from volcano choir, sounds amazing, this might be the album of the year

what is your fav of this year so far?

Are any of those albums "electronic"?

Sorry guy, no disrespect intended but for real...

Anyways...the Harmonic 313 deal is alright, same with Clark, but if those are the best records of the year it's been a sad year indeed.

Haven't heard the new Vibert. Need to though...also my planet-mu listening pleasures have been limited this year.

at first i thought animal collective's new one was really good

but then i heard grizzly bears newest (awsome live show at the pabst from this tour too) and i've read on some other places that they say this album is

but that was before i heard the new megafaun - holy shit

all tiny creatures - also awesome

but now i've downloaded the new single from volcano choir, sounds amazing, this might be the album of the year

what is your fav of this year so far?

Are any of those albums "electronic"?

Sorry guy, no disrespect intended but for real...

is the name of the thread 'electronic album of the year'?

Why does everyone like SND - Atavism?

I can't get that album, I try really hard but its nothing but repedetive annoying noise to me

i have to be in a particular mood to listen to SND

i have to be in a particular mood to listen to SND

Same. I've listened to Atavism once and while I like a lot of the sounds, I don't think saying "think of it as origami" saves it from the fact that sometimes it just sounds uninspired.

And I second Moderat, great album. Surprisingly great.

keaver and brause - middle way

micachu - jewellery

j dilla - jay stay paid ...might not count as '09..

paul white - the strange dreams of paul white

falty dl - love is a liability

and probably hudson mohawke - butters...when its out

single : guido - way u make me feel

Archived