IGNORED

Ghost Box Subforum

Caretstik

Ghost Box news:

Ghost Box is about to embark on a series of 7" and download singles. Provisionally titled the Study Series, these records will feature new material from Ghost Box artists with special guests and collaborators. So far contributors include Mordant Music, Moon Wiring Club, Hong Kong in the 60s, Seeland, James Cargill and Trish Keenan. We hope to release the first two singles at the end of June.

Link.

Anyone know what's going on with The Advisory Circle? The 6th episode of the Cafe Kaput podcast never showed up, and it looks like today he's deleted the blog and his twitter?

I noticed that and wondered what was up as well. Seems strange as he seemed to be ok with tweeting, blogging and Myspace updates (didn't follow him on Facebook).

Shame also about the podcast 6/6, was looking forward to hearing it.

The 7" series sounds like a must have, every proposed release (rubs hands).

Edited by break_or_bounce

• 2 weeks later...
Ghost Box is about to release the first two parts of a regular series of seven inch and download singles.

cd-studyseries01-180.gif

The first two singles will be available from the Ghost Box shop from the 2nd July. Study Series 01, titled "Youth and Recreation" is the result of collaboration between Belbury Poly and Moon Wiring Club.

cd-studyseries02-180.gif

Study Series 02, "Cycles and Seasons" by The Advisory Circle, features a special vocal version of the Advisory Circle track Seasons, called Seasons Change by Hong Kong in the 60s.

The series will feature new work from the Ghost Box artists and feature new music, collaborations and remixes by a variety of guests including Mordant Music, Moon Wiring Club, Jonny Trunk, Hong Kong in the 60s, Xylitol, and James Cargill & Trish Keenan (of Broadcast).

Sharp eyed collectors will have noticed that the Study Series name and design is an homage to the series of BBC schools albums of the 1970s.

• 4 weeks later...

the new collab 7"s here.

A quick bump as I only just remembered these are supposed to be out tomorrow. Anyone any idea if the downloads are included?

Also, some sexy new t-shirts from the newly opened Belbury Village Shop. Wish I had a few groats to pick one of them up.

Edited by Caretstik

• 2 weeks later...

New Moon Wiring mix as pointed out by Jim on the blog:

Elementary Ice Cream Sunstroke Mix

I love that he usually includes tracklists for his mixes.

Looks like he also did a solid steel mix (though I can't stream this out at work)

http://soundcloud.com/ninja-tune/solid-steel-radio-show-7-5-2010-part-3-4-moon-wiring-club

Guest arbee

haven't heard those mixes... but the 2 new 7 inches are absolutely awesome. the packaging and the music is amazing.

Any of you good fellows have the Cafe Kaput podcasts or could you possibly point me in their direction? I seem to have misplaced my mp3s and it looks like Jon has taken them down for the moment...

Actually found the first one on my iPod (wasn't tagged completely). Must say it's one of the best mixes I've ever heard, Jon's commentary is great as well. I definitely need to track down the other podcasts somehow.

Hopefully number 6 is ready soon!

Edited by The Green Kingdom

I've got 1 to 5 of the podcasts. I'll be happy to upload them whenever I get the chance, just can't say when it'll be (I usually takes ages) as I've got loads on at the minute. Bear with me and I'll do my best not to take too long.

I've got 1 to 5 of the podcasts. I'll be happy to upload them whenever I get the chance, just can't say when it'll be (I usually takes ages) as I've got loads on at the minute. Bear with me and I'll do my best not to take too long.

You sir, are my hero! :beer:

No problem, my friend. I have uploaded them here, but it seems that the file's showing as temporarily unavailable. Hopefully just a matter of the server sorting itself out, but if it carries on I'll try and up them again (it's a 200+ mb zip, btw).

Incidentally, I'd normally PM the link, but as these were free downloads in the first place I wouldn't have thought Joyrex would have a problem with me linking in this post.

EDIT: Link seems like it'll work now.

Edited by Caretstik

No problem, my friend. I have uploaded them here, but it seems that the file's showing as temporarily unavailable. Hopefully just a matter of the server sorting itself out, but if it carries on I'll try and up them again (it's a 200+ mb zip, btw).

Incidentally, I'd normally PM the link, but as these were free downloads in the first place I wouldn't have thought Joyrex would have a problem with me linking in this post.

Thanks so much! I shall grab these when I get home today.

Thanks so much! I shall grab these when I get home today.

You're more than welcome, enjoy (which I know you will).

• 2 weeks later...

From Jon Brooks' Cafe Kaput:

cksquare.jpg

Exciting news.

This has been a long time in the pipeline, but I am very pleased to announce today that Cafe Kaput is branching out and starting a record label. It will be run exclusively from the blog and you can keep up-to-date with all the activities by checking in here.

It will be a digital download label, with world-wide distribution through all the usual iTunes, Amazon and BandCamp music stores. There will be no CD's, but BandCamp will be providing formats such as FLAC and WAV if you like you prefer them to mp3.

The art direction is being conducted by Ian Hodgson, who I believe to be one of the most talented graphic artists in the UK. You may already know of Ian through his music and artwork as Moon Wiring Club and his label, Gecophonic.

Cafe Kaput will not affect any of my work with Ghost Box, as The Advisory Circle or otherwise. This venture fulfils a different purpose; ostensibly to focus on some of my other projects which may not quite 'fit' on another label.

I hope you'll all support Cafe Kaput and enjoy the music. Contact details for the label are in my profile.

The first release will be on September 6th. Check in regularly for details.

Very interesting, looking forward to seeing what this brings.

EDIT: Also, the podcasts are available here.

Edited by Caretstik

does anybody know any U.S.-based distros from which I could buy the Ghost Box 7" releases? I've only seen U.K.-based places, and i can't sit with the shipping costs.