IGNORED

Ghost Box Subforum

Caretstik

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

A new Radio Belbury show for the whole family.

Twenty Three up-beat, rousing stompers and singalongs for exercising, dancing, boardgaming or mucking about. It's so exciting, you might be sick. (listeners may notice one or two links and tunes repeated from older shows for which we make absolutely no apology)

Radio Belbury is brought to you by Ghost Box Records.

• 2 months later...

That's weird and sad.  Guess they'll have to lay off all those workers packing downloads into zip files.

Q: Has there been any recent ghost box release that you'd deem noteworthy or remarkable?  The last thing I really rated as Advisory Circle - From Out Here and I now realize that was 2014, yikes

^^ try everything you've missed since. the belbury circle and last belbury poly record were standout disappointments for me. paul weller ep is about 8min long. advisory circle and the focus group were ace. also- really dug toitoitoi

this is just my opinion of course, but I've been overall disappointed with most stuff that has come out on ghost box. I had high hopes for them after some excellent releases in the early 2010's, but I just can't get into a lot of their artists. I really like the aesthetic & vibe they are going for, but a lot of it comes across as trying too hard to be British folk weird. 

@BobDobalina not on ghost box, but check out ghost funk orchestra. reminds me a little of the The Soundcarriers - Entropicalia. it's more '60/'70s jazz funk influenced than ghost box stuff, but I find the album below to be pretty decent.

https://ghostfunkorchestra.bandcamp.com/album/a-song-for-paul-2

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...