IGNORED

The Advisory Circle - Full Circle

3 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Cate’s albums seem to me more autobiographical now

hopefully this one goes "full circle" back to what worked best ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

BOC / BBC vibe to this one 

Boards of Canada would never put out anything this bad. This label has been done for a while now. Whatever happened to the unsettling, creepy vibe of early Ghostbox?

Remember this?

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, BobDobalina said:

Sorry not sorry but this album fucking delivers, don't sleep

Yep, I like it too!

• Like 2

nothing ground breaking, but I like it. I like the inclusion of a few more beats in tracks, even if they are fairly straight forward. I'm mostly familiar with As the Crow Flies and From Out here, and don't remember many drum tracks on those.

review: https://www.popmatters.com/advisory-circle-full-circle-review

^agree with the reviewer in that this one seems less "British" than some of the previous ones. 

On 9/30/2022 at 7:14 PM, fumi said:

Boards of Canada would never put out anything this bad. 

um...

spacer.png

???

• Haha 1

for anyone longing for the "weird" Advisory Circle: revisit Other Channels. that album nailed it.

Full Circle sounds like a pretty sensible continuation of what was going on in Ways of Seeing, and it's pretty dang good for what i feel like it set out to do, i.e. the cover art matches the sound - it's more cosmopolitan than the eerie-village vibes of the first few albums. it was a bit jarring to be denied a track 1 logotone and instead be hit with the most boc melody imaginable, lol (i actually went back and skimmed a bunch of their albums to see where *exactly* that little hook is from, and i'm pretty sure the closest bits are on campfire headphase... somewhere). the boc mood fades away after that track though and Brooks is back in their own world. good stuff imo.

10 hours ago, luke viia said:

for anyone longing for the "weird" Advisory Circle: revisit Other Channels. that album nailed it.

Full Circle ...... it was a bit jarring to be denied a track 1 logotone

Other Channels is my favourite of theirs too and the track 1 logotone was my phone's ringtone for a longtime. Made all calls that more mysterious.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Finally got around to this, lovely. I've been lagging behind since Ghost Box dropped off Bandcamp, picked up a couple of Belbury Polys and one Pye Corner Audio, too.

Edited by dcom

On 10/21/2022 at 12:39 PM, mcbpete said:

Other Channels is my favourite of theirs too and the track 1 logotone was my phone's ringtone for a longtime. Made all calls that more mysterious.

I'm looking forward to Other Channels finally getting a vinyl reissue. It really is genuinely creepy. Properly "hauntological". Have never owned a physical copy.

• Like 1