IGNORED

Ghost Box Subforum

Caretstik

Oh! Doesn't she look well up there? A promotional video for a forthcoming long-playing disc, spliced together from a selection of dusty old lovely VHS tapes. Who said I was gonna melt it down?

Nice find. Nothing up here yet, but everybody should check this site and give the man the support he deserves.

Oh! Doesn't she look well up there? A promotional video for a forthcoming long-playing disc, spliced together from a selection of dusty old lovely VHS tapes. Who said I was gonna melt it down?

Nice find. Nothing up here yet, but everybody should check this site and give the man the support he deserves.

I made a Moon Wiring Club appreciation thread a while back...really like his stuff. Nice vid!

• 2 months later...

Just a quick bump, but I only became aware of the track The Merkey Sound, from this compilation yesterday. Probably JB in the GB fraternity.

For anyone as ignorant as me, you can download the compilation here. Is this really The Focus Group? Sounds very little like it to me.

Advisory Group album, followed shortly by most recent Belbury for my favs. GB is an awesome label. I'll have to check out moon wiring club, those vids sounded good

as might be guess from my new avvy, i'm quite enjoying my sampling of moon wiring club as recommended here. thanks to whomever did it.

Guest Stoppit

According to The Belbury Parish Magazine, Jim Jupp and Lawrence Norfolk are contributing to a series of ghost stories on Resonance FM. Apparently it'll feature 'new music and sound by Belbury Poly'. If that's not worth a bump then I don't know what is.

I love a Christmas ghost story. Which reminds me, I need to get my Stone Tape DVD back from the person I lent it to.

According to The Belbury Parish Magazine, Jim Jupp and Lawrence Norfolk are contributing to a series of ghost stories on Resonance FM. Apparently it'll feature 'new music and sound by Belbury Poly'. If that's not worth a bump then I don't know what is.

I didn't know he had a blog- thanks for sharing that!

I didn't know he had a blog- thanks for sharing that!

You're welcome. Cool that he's been updating it pretty regularly too.

• 1 month later...
Guest Stoppit

Thursday, 28 January 2010

Belbury Poly and Lawrence Norfolk - Weird Tales For Winter - Tonight

Tonight on Resonance 104.4FM at midnight:

His Name Was Legion by Sir Andrew Caldecott

adapted and read by Lawrence Norfolk

with music and sound by Belbury Poly

http://jimjupp.blogspot.com/

there's streaming/download (limited time only) links on the blog

there's streaming/download (limited time only) links on the blog

Cool, thanks. Being looking to download these as I've missed them all so far. Moon Wiring Club and Nigel Kneale's 'Minuke' available now as well, which I imagine you'll be particularly interested in.

There's now a release date for the revised edition of Mind How You Go. You can preorder it from here which also gets you a free download of the album (I'd imagine on the release date or thereabouts, but I'm not sure).

EDIT: Didn't read the blurb properly, the download will be delivered to your inbox the Wednesday before the vinyl's released.

Edited by Caretstik

• 2 weeks later...