IGNORED

McDonald's and Burger King both turning into Starbuck's

Rubin Farr

so we stopped by a McD's the other day bc my father insists on eating that shit, and inside they've taken this gourmet coffee bullshit to a new level. not only do they have this nasty imitation brown sludge they are charging like $3 a cup for, but now there is a couch, a "lounging area" and desks to plug laptops into. yeah ok, around here (Texas) the shiftiest homeless looking people I see are in McDonald's all the time harassing the employees and panhandling outside, classy.

mcdonaldsinside.jpg

237816357597daf442e1.jpg

now, Burger King is following suit. they are remodeling 12,000 of their restaurants worldwide with this funky Toys R Us looking interior to offset the awful food. will everything end up being Starbuck's? why don't they just start selling enviro-friendly-eco-regenerative burgers handmade by some village in the third world to make themselves feel better at night.

slide306643241large.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our McDonald's on the main drag was literally folded up into a trash heap and transported away within a day. I nearly wrecked because there was just earth where it used to be. This was in the middle of September. A sign says "New McDonald's in November!" Sure enough, this modern style building is shooting upwards at a pace I've never seen any other building project go at in my life. It's like their ticky-tacky buildings are as automated and precisely executed as their shitty food, which is why your order is waiting for you at the second window even before you get there.

The blame rests squarely on We the People because these places know we're like raccoons--we'll gravitate to the shiniest things whether it's platinum or tin foil. They'll boost sales using the same shitty tasting quasi-food products.

I waited for my order tonight . . . and it still tasted like crap.

Guest abusivegeorge

Our McDonald's on the main drag was literally folded up into a trash heap and transported away within a day. I nearly wrecked because there was just earth where it used to be. This was in the middle of September. A sign says "New McDonald's in November!" Sure enough, this modern style building is shooting upwards at a pace I've never seen any other building project go at in my life. It's like their ticky-tacky buildings are as automated and precisely executed as their shitty food, which is why your order is waiting for you at the second window even before you get there.

The blame rests squarely on We the People because these places know we're like raccoons--we'll gravitate to the shiniest things whether it's platinum or tin foil. They'll boost sales using the same shitty tasting quasi-food products.

I'm a bit stumped as to how true all of this actually is.

I remember saying to a friend in the car as we passed and empty patch of land near our local tescos about 4 weeks ago, I bet they're putting a mcdonalds or some shit there, sure enough, it's about due to open.

Those remodels look stupid. Burger King looks like what people thought the future would look like in 1983.

It turns out, in 2009, they were right.

Guest my usernames always really suck

Oh cool, more enlightening social commentary that uses McDonald's as a vehicle to get its cliched point across. I've never seen this before!

Don't worry, after a week of being like that, it'll look the same as it ever was, dirty and grungy.

However, there is a very simple solution to your angst: don't go to McDonald's

I must say though, that the Burger King Bacon Double Cheeseburger set is an excellent hangover meal.

I don't really mind these shitty joints looking better than they used to.

Don't worry, after a week of being like that, it'll look the same as it ever was, dirty and grungy.

However, there is a very simple solution to your angst: don't go to McDonald's

Yeah the new breed of McDonalds (they all got refurbished 2 or 3 years ago I think) are really funny, something about the juxtaposition of poncey high falutin modernist design aesthetics mixed with a load of spotty chavs sat around smearing ketchup sachets on the table.

I've just seen mcdonalds upgrade their coffee machines in the last year or so...and it's actually alright and a lot cheaper than Starbucks.

Oh well, I live in a state with Whataburger, so this is all irrelevant to me for the most part.

Guest mafted

ehh, yea, whatever. people just like good coffee. Starbucks is good coffee. McDonalds' coffee is good coffee. there's really not much more to it.

I've just seen mcdonalds upgrade their coffee machines in the last year or so...and it's actually alright and a lot cheaper than Starbucks.

Oh well, I live in a state with Whataburger, so this is all irrelevant to me for the most part.

Amen, fellow Texas brother. Who needs to worry about McDonalds when you have the best burger in the Southwest.

And McDonald's new coffee offerings are not only cheaper than Starbucks, but they're better tasting, as verified by independent taste tests.

ehh, yea, whatever. people just like good coffee. Starbucks is good coffee. McDonalds' coffee is good coffee. there's really not much more to it.

Well, the one thing I do like about McDonald's approach to coffee is they're not selling a "attitude" or "lifestyle" like Starbucks is... they're just selling coffee, and using appropriate advertising and visuals to help sell it. I doubt anyone who drinks McDonald's coffee hangs out inside after getting it.

Guest Adjective

chickenstrip basket 4 lyfe

Archived