IGNORED

[new server] we're back, again.

chaosmachine

One part phoenix, one part zombie... WATMM lives again.

Welcome to our new server. We've stepped up to a VPS, which means we're in control of the server now. There won't be any more suspension notices. Thanks to everyone who donated for making that possible.

Some things might be broken. At the moment, it looks like new uploads don't quite work. This will be fixed soon [it's fixed now]. Also, the downloads section is non-functional, as we don't have room for the files right now. If you find any other problems, let me know.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi, you moved to a new server but you have no space? whut

VPS means dedicated resources. Unlike shared hosting, where they can give everybody 1TB because no one will actually use 1% of that, with a VPS, they actually have to allocate the space. Hence, we have 32 gigs. And more than half of that is taken up with user uploads. The downloads section is too large to fit. I have it backed up to another drive, but I don't have an immediate solution for getting it live right now.

The downloads section is too large to fit. I have it backed up to another drive, but I don't have an immediate solution for getting it live right now.

I'm going to kill myself. I just found out about the downloads the night before you started moving things.

Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do: and, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun.

I'm kidding. No reason to get all goth-biblical.

I was laughing at the Tetris page, imagining bored watmmers staring at the screen, and eventually scrolling down and clicking on the link to watch a monkey ride a goat across a tightrope, just because there are no more interesting internets.

Two years from now, n00bs will read this and go "wtf?"

So what's your guys hiscore on tetris?

I know I was somewhere over 200k. My score dropped sharply when the controls changed from the arrow keys to the "w.e.a.s.d.x" keys.

*edit*

Being back is kinda like going back in time 2 days. :wacko:

So what's your guys hiscore on tetris?

I know I was somewhere over 200k. My score dropped sharply when the controls changed from the arrow keys to the "w.e.a.s.d.x" keys.

*edit*

Being back is kinda like going back in time 2 days. :wacko:

OH NO!!!

the Nice Tits Thread gives me this error, despite the page I look at...

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 494152 bytes) in /home/watmm/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 570"

What will I do?

NSFW

NSFW_This_is_a_costume.jpg

We're looking into various issues that a) got us kicked off the past two hosts to begin with and b) if the need and expense can be justified, we'll increase server space. As it stands, this hosting is more expensive (40USD/month, versus the 20USD/month Dreamhost was charging us, and the 7USD/Month Anhosting was charging us), but thanks to your donations, I've got a backlog of funds to keep things running smoothly for awhile.

Archived