IGNORED

Autechre in Stereo Difference...

Guest Crime Stick

i'm really impressed by that, futureimage did you also do this with Quaristice and Untilted? especially on untilted i feel like the people who say 'new autechre has no melody' will be quite surprised with a result akin to something like Xylin room

Yeah, there's a lot of melody "hidden" in Untilted.

Quaristice is interesting in places - the better bits should be uploaded soon (within the next month hopefully).

I'm about to go through Benge's "20 Systems" album, this should be quite cool to hear...

Guest somebloke

Filtered out the center channel (pretty poorly - the metallic thingies you can hear are artifacts from the Fourier transform; I just didn't bother to get it smooth). That vocal sample goes for a fair bit longer in the song and I think it shows up in iera as well, though I haven't checked too closely. It seems more noticeable when you do it this way instead of inverting the right channel and combining.

Guest somebloke

I wasn't concerned by the quality of the job - it exposes the voice adequately enough for me to not bother trying to clean it up, I posted it because of what the voice is saying.

The artifacts are not related to the compression of the file - it was due to the method of center channel extraction. The reason I did it that way is that you can 'target' particular elements in the surround mix, instead of simply getting a mono mix of all but the exact center.

Archived