IGNORED

cigars

Guest chunky

• 11 months later...

I've just started getting into cigars.

I don't smoke weed, cigarettes or anything else.

I basically used to think that all cigar smokers were macho dicks with tiny weeners and self-importance complexes, so I was never interested.

We smoked some cigars at my bachelor party by a campfire and it was thoroughly enjoyable.

After that, my wife and I got a box of hand-rolled Royal Barbados cigars in Barbados, from the actual women who rolled than at the factory.

Those were awesome. Even as a novice, I could still taste notes of almond in the tobacco.

I'm sure the association of being on a gorgeous tropical island, drinking rum punch by crystal blue waters might have helped a bit.

Anyway, I've been flirting a bit lately. Cigars are fun. Especially whilst hangin with the homies.

good thread idea. i've just started getting into cigars, i'll report here next time i have one. i haven't been paying much attention to the brands lately because the ones i have i don't enjoy.

whisky + good cigar is one of those "what life is all about" / great simple pleasures

Guest ansgaria

The only time I ever smoke a cigar is at the school proms, just had my last a few weeks back, so that's over for a while.

you're supposed to let it softly float around your mouth, right? to enjoy the flavour and get mouth cancer. i can't help deep inhaling them.

No the experience can be quite pleasant too. However, you should definitely not be smoking cigars on the regular, they have way more tobacco than cigarettes (durrr) and as a result they are far more harmful to your health.

Guest Franklin

my father has been a weekend cigar smoker for maybe the last 20 years or so, so I've always associated the smell with growing up and with relaxing events like baseball games, golf games, vacations.

I absolutely LOVE the smell. Never got into it myself... bit too expensive for me. similar to you jeffero I smoked one with my close friends at my bachelors' party and it was pretty awesome.

best cigar I've had was a romeo and juliet. but then those are like 15 bucks CAD.

Those Royal Barbados (which I think are not available in the USA due to the content of Cuban tobacco filler) were my faves.

The othe day, I had a Graysmith (with a blue label) in Times Square that wasn't bad for $16.

The others I've tried are:

- Macanudo (at my bachelor party... Liked it)

- Monte Christo (on my honeymoon... Liked it)

- Padrón (at a cigar shop in soho... Didn't like. It was a short one. Very dry and harsh. No flavor to speak of. I think the shop owner may have just been trying to sell them off because they were dried out. He recommended them to another novice as I hung out in the shop to smoke it. That's what makes me suspicious. I did have fun hanging out in a neat old cigar shop and talking about cigars and baseball and a bunch of other shot I don't low shit about)

- Romeo and Juliet (at my bachelor party... Liked it)

I used to not like the smell of cigars and now I LOVE it. They still, for the most part, smell better than they taste.

That might change with time and experience.

I used to smoke cigars all the time about 5 years ago. I LOVED Swisher Sweets. Just an awesome taste to them.

2487.jpg

swisher sweets are cheap shit. awful

stuff.

*lights up a djarum black*

I used to smoke cigars all the time about 5 years ago. I LOVED Swisher Sweets. Just an awesome taste to them.

2487.jpg

stuff.

Yeah. I didn't want to be the one to say it, but they don't really count.

I remember smoking these with my loser friends back in high school. Pretty nasty.

They taste kinda like they were dipped in formaldehyde. I remember my mouth felt swollen and stingy after smoking them.

It's very rare I smoke cigars but on occasions I do like a toke or two. Cigarrillos are lovely too. The filtered ones you smoke like a fag. A bloke at my work smokes these:

img_z13dn61o2g.jpg

They smell fucking awful.

2487.jpg

stuff.

*lights up a djarum black*

I smoked Djarum blacks until the stupid flavoured cigarette ban in the US... now they taste like shit.

i used to smoke macanudos back in 04-06 before i started having kids. i've only smoked one since... i miss it. i only smoked them on certain occasions. after a gig, hanging with a friend who liked them too. probably only about 3 to 4 times a month.

Archived