IGNORED

cheese pizza

Fred McGriff

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"scamotes" and "scamozza" gets me every time ...but that may be more of a Bridgeport thing

do you have a favorite pizza in CT?

they have mashed potato pizza here in new haven, it's pretty fuckin good

New Haven as in Sally's and shitty Pepe's New Haven?

.. Assuming you havent moved since 06

I moved in 07... I'm in Denver now. At the time of my moving, Modern was my favorite.

Guest Pennywise

my regular pizza place

http://www.milano.ie/

and oh look, a big banner for fucking heart-shaped doughballs right at the top of the page.

http://www.milano.ie...food/mains.aspx

the goats cheese, spinach, red & caramelised onions with garlic oil is some good fucking shit.

Thats Pizza Express. Wonder why they called it Milano over in Ireland

edit: aw fuck you've already covered that.

my regular pizza place

and oh look, a big banner for fucking heart-shaped doughballs right at the top of the page.

the goats cheese, spinach, red & caramelised onions with garlic oil is some good fucking shit.

why do you have me on ignore?

Guest Pennywise

my regular pizza place

why do you have me on ignore?

because i'm in love with you and it is too painful to read your comments not knowing you are mine. There I said it, that took a lot of courage.

For the record (and I know this thread is technically about "cheese pizza")...

Although I'm from originally Chicago and appreciate a good deep dish as much as the next guy, my favorite pizza on earth is the thin crust from Rosati's in Chicago...

Click to view, I cant embed the extension...

http://afridgefullof...721aef99970b-pi

Here is another, slightly inferior photo...

024.JPG

I could easily eat a whole large on my own. Tastes so fucking good.

The crust is very thin and almost has a saltine cracker quality on the edges.

The cheese itself is flavored with herbs. When I was a kid, we'd order it for dinner every Friday night and when I go home to visit, it is always a must.

Their sausage is the best, but their cheese is phenomenal, as well.

And yes. They cut it in squares.

Not enough love.

Not enough.

Love.

:wub:

Guest RandySicko

"scamotes" and "scamozza" gets me every time ...but that may be more of a Bridgeport thing

Zuppardi's in West Haven is my all time favorite .. I get their white tomato basil and garlic religiously. Used to go to modern all the time when I worked in nh tho

let's take a moment to talk about californian cuisine; this fusion pizza bullshit.

no, i don't want thin-crust pizza with a wasabi sauce, shredded buffalo wings, toasted aubergine slices, and a fried egg on top. just stop, california. it's not right.

last time i was out west.. i got a pepperoni.. but then when the suckers brought their beef, when the dust settled, the beef turned out to be weak and they all got the whip.

that was a long time ago.

Zuppardi's in West Haven is my all time favorite .. I get their white tomato basil and garlic religiously. Used to go to modern all the time when I worked in nh tho

Hmm never been there. I was only there for a couple of years working up in Wallingford so I didn't know a whole lot. Lived a few blocks from Modern and would get it at least weekly. Heard New Haven has gotten a little stabby since I've been gone...

Hmm never been there. I was only there for a couple of years working up in Wallingford so I didn't know a whole lot. Lived a few blocks from Modern and would get it at least weekly. Heard New Haven has gotten a little stabby since I've been gone...

white clam at pepes. yum.

although was partial to naples pizza before it closed.... :(

Wait when did New Haven get unstabby?

let's take a moment to talk about californian cuisine; this fusion pizza bullshit.

no, i don't want thin-crust pizza with a wasabi sauce, shredded buffalo wings, toasted aubergine slices, and a fried egg on top. just stop, california. it's not right.

i vaguely remember that being discussed in this thread years ago. i haven't been to california but i was horrified when i saw a pad thai noodle pizza (probably mentioned it in this thread, god), or something like that in Bristol... in a trendy Czech brewery/restaurant. a harsh intro back to city life after two years in the countryside.

i actually like frying an egg on a pizza. not really for the results, just like doing it.

I can stomach a kapsalon once in a while depending on where you get it.

Just had a 'calzone doner'.

calzone.jpg

Was that awesome or atrocious?

i actually like frying an egg on a pizza. not really for the results, just like doing it.

Fuck yes, pizza w eggs cooked in the oven over homemade tomato sauce is one of my favorites.

white clam at pepes. yum.

although was partial to naples pizza before it closed.... :(

Wait when did New Haven get unstabby?

Apparently it was slowly getting unstabby in the early oughts before the economy tanked.

ive often thought about opening a high end but small cosy pizza place with the best ingredients from local farms. dough made from king Arthur flour. but it sounds like too much work and too much money

Archived