IGNORED

How much money do you make?

Guest mrcopyandpaste

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@gaarg

Sooner or later you'll become a famous painter and get rich thanks to...

your wrong MSPaints !

just wait for it.

So some of you people earn more than five times more money than me. I would feel poor, but won't because I actually am still saving quite a lot from it.

But you have a delicious looking avatar!!

Besides just think of how little we all earn compared to say Waren Buffet. Or George Soros. Or any of these guys.

Guest Gary C

17k in a relatively base-level job. But it's my first real job, so I'm hoping I can escalate in the future.

The problem is that this wage is really quite good for the industry I'm in. I'm going to start looking for work in London this winter, but it's going to be tough to find an obtainable job at the 20+k that I'd like.

Guest happycase

I decide when to work a 6 hour day, usually 2 to 5 days a week, and i get paid 200 tanzanian shillingis / day when i work.

Conversion:

USD/SHN = 0.01245

2 USD / day. Plenty for where I live. Good meals, tanned bitches on my left and right nonstop, cigars, cokcaine, tier 1 everything, internet, wireless, apartment, sound system. Even my bike is hot as fuck.

$25/hour, recording studio, hours vary greatly from month to month --sometimes I make as little as $200 in a month, sometimes as much as $5000. Usually I'll have a few months where I'm really busy, followed by a few where I get hardly any work whatsoever. It's ideal because whenever there's a lull in business I can just focus on my own music and live off the savings from my busy period. Last year it averaged out to about $17,000 total, and this year I'm thinking it'll be closer to $25,000 or so. I'm happy with that.

$25/hour, recording studio, hours vary greatly from month to month --sometimes I make as little as $200 in a month, sometimes as much as $5000. Usually I'll have a few months where I'm really busy, followed by a few where I get hardly any work whatsoever. It's ideal because whenever there's a lull in business I can just focus on my own music and live off the savings from my busy period. Last year it averaged out to about $17,000 total, and this year I'm thinking it'll be closer to $25,000 or so. I'm happy with that.

I thought about doing something similar for a while, but first of all I suck at production, and second of all the handful of times I spent all day pressing the record button for someone else was worst time I ever had in a studio. It could have been because the person(s) didn't rehearse at all, but after the 40th take of something I'm ready to rip my fingers off.

Guest placidburp

Just had my hours cut at work so about £93 a week now...cant claim any benefits, and no jobs going. FML

edit: probably a good time to say, my new EP dust covered is available to purchase for just £3 here!

edit2: :(

I've noticed that Europeans are generally better 'savers' than most Americans - is that the truth, or is the media distorting things like they always do?

You can't generalize. The Germans are frugal. The Greeks are very good at spending other people's money. The Brit economy is fueled by personal debt. The French are homosexuals.

I thought about doing something similar for a while, but first of all I suck at production, and second of all the handful of times I spent all day pressing the record button for someone else was worst time I ever had in a studio. It could have been because the person(s) didn't rehearse at all, but after the 40th take of something I'm ready to rip my fingers off.

It was a little rough starting out because I was kind of poor at directing people, so I'd have situations like the one you described when I had someone who lacked much skill with their instrument. But over the last few years I've learned how to guide the strugglers a bit better, and rather than banging my head on the wall trying to get a perfect take out of a mediocre player I just let them try their best and then edit wherever necessary to have it sound good. This is especially useful for drums... oh man... heheh, it's a good thing I actually like editing. I often zone out while doing it and think about something else entirely, but I've done it so much by this point that I don't even have to think about it anymore. It's a pretty sweet job and I recommended it to anyone here who has skills in the production field --and there are a lot of you. Every other job I've ever had I absolutely hated, with the exception of one where I was just an extra unneeded hand at a bookstore with a super chill manager. But this job actually pays decent, feels meaningful most of the time, and hardly seems like work for the most part.

Archived