IGNORED

LOST - Season 6

Rubin Farr

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, ill have to admit, after about 23 episodes of shit, this wasnt bad.

i was in it for the ending regardless, but this renewed my interest at least.

though jacob is obviously supposed to represent Jesus Christ, I still get the feeling something crazy as shit will happen.

though jacob is obviously supposed to represent Jesus Christ, I still get the feeling something crazy as shit will happen.

yea, ive said it many times before and ill say it again. there has to be the inevitable switch when smokey is the good guy and jacob is the bad guy. has to happen.

I read some theories leaning more towards Richard being the JC figure. Spreading Jacob's word and all that

i just watched the episode and i really liked it, even though the whole obvious "black/white" and "devil/god" thing was basically shoved in the viewer's face. subtlety, writers?

Over the past few seasons, the subtlety in the dialogue on Lost has become the equivalent to a punch in the face. And yet, the show has become a full-blown addiction.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

yea, ive said it many times before and ill say it again. there has to be the inevitable switch when smokey is the good guy and jacob is the bad guy. has to happen.

hey stop ruining the ending with your yeah-that-sounds-quite-likely theories

so the finale is the "bad" losties battling against the good losties to keep the cork in.

hold on then why did the smokey guy break the bottle? ah because he didnt know jacob had made that analogy moments earlier. he just broke it like fuck-you-jacob-man

anyway that was the first only episode of lost in a very, very long time ever that didnt feel like it was acted out by retarded high school children feature any of the cast, excepting richard. good stuff.

the biggest problem i have with lost, and most shows and movies in general is when characters act totally unrealistic and you can clearly see that they are making decisions and not saying certain things to continue the story on its path and keep suspense. pretty much every conflict in the series can be solved by characters just stopping and THINKING for a second instead of acting completely based off their first emotions, youd think they would learn after it happening so many times and having the same reactions to everything..

its the same if there turns out to be a battle of the good guys and bad guys, if someone just said OKAY EVERYONE STOP BECAUSE IF HE GETS OFF THE ISLAND tHE WORLD IS GOING TO END! then it would be finished, and there would be no reason for an epic batle. that is what would happen realistically.

wtf @ maximus mischief, yes humans are always such a bunch of logical actors that even though we know genocide is a horrific act of evil, we sat around and watched it happen in Rwanda, and are basically watching it happen in Darfur.

Benedict - maybe MiB smashed the bottle to show that the cork can remain in place but he will get out a different way. i still don't get why you guys watch the show. just to bitch about it?

Guest Funktion

the worst part was when the guy asked richard to speak english and he just flat out refused for a little bit to keep the suspense and then suddenly remembered how to speak english as he was being taken away

MiB hates wine and jacob knows it, he gave him the bottle just to piss him off. poor MiB was just angry so he broke it.

this just proves jules is right, jacob is an asshole/the devil.

Guest Bramsworth

The wine was a metaphor for all the Lost fines "whining" about how the show is progressing. Him smashing it was his way of saying he's had enough of this shit.

The wine was a metaphor for all the Lost fines "whining" about how the show is progressing. Him smashing it was his way of saying he's had enough of this shit.

I literally thought he was going to run after Jacob and shank him.

Unanswered questions:

What would happen if MiB tried to roundhouse kick Jacob?

Guest Bramsworth

I hope they plan to explain where the islands healing properties come from. How come Locke was healed of his paralysis, yet he didn't grow his hair back? :cerious:

I hope they plan to explain where the islands healing properties come from. How come Locke was healed of his paralysis, yet he didn't grow his hair back? :cerious:

holy fucking lol! never thought of that!

holy fucking lol! never thought of that!

lol, how funny would the show have been if Locke just magically grew luscious long locks (!!!) of hair.

because the thought of a giant winter bush on kate isn't very appealing.

as far as my thinking jacob is the bad guy, when he said he keeps bringing people to the island and richard asks what happened to them, he replied, they're all dead. he said it so matter of fact and he was proud of it. so either jacob is bad and smokey is good or they are both bad. maybe thats a twist. but yea, either way, jacob isnt a good guy

also, when the black rock crashed, it crashed into the head of that egyptian statue. but then when richard went to kill jacob, it was only the foot. was that supposed to mean years past by or did the statue get knocked over by the wave?

Archived