IGNORED

a 70 minute review of the phantom menance

chaosmachine

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

goddam i would kill to be able to rip my 'making of phantom menace' DVD and share with this forum. it is an incredible piece of cinema unintentionally reaching heights similar to spinal tap

Is this it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vaq-Uk-9bLM

yes it is! couldn't find it the last time i looked, the hardest part to watch about this clip is the auditions for anakin skywalker

i love watching this documentary, george lucas seems like a stoned zombie on auto pilot through out the entire preproduction and shooting process, and hilarious to watch him invite Spielberg over to show off how awesome the props were for Phantom Menance, you can tell spielberg is not too thrilled

Naaaataaalieee POo0rtmaaaan!

I've always hated the lip-movement of Viceroy Nute Gunray and his colleagues and because of the "Making of The Phantom Menace" documentary I now know why that is. When they test out the mask and the mask-designer tells the guy wearing it to say "Exaggerated dialogue" she gets all excited and says "Uuuh yeah, it KINDA moves".

hah i didn't even realize they would include some of the best parts from the making of doc in this

after first screening 'i think i may have gone too far in some places' george lucas

george lucas should have let someone else direct these like he did with the first two sequels.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I would pay big bucks to force jorge to watch the review clockwork orange eye lids peeled open like 11 times. I also wouldnt mind if this guy could continue his hatred for bad movies and had his own review show.

Guest bitroast

I would pay big bucks to force jorge to watch the review clockwork orange eye lids peeled open like 11 times. I also wouldnt mind if this guy could continue his hatred for bad movies and had his own review show.

yes x2. the reviewers got class.

haha, the making of also acts as a pretty good review of why the movie/s were so bad. i used to think a good director is all it wouldve taken to make the prequals good (ala empire') but watching the making of... there's nothing anyone could've done to fix this..

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

lol I had to back and watch middle of part 5 when hes going over the pod race bet, shiiiit made lolz soo fucking hardcore when I first watched it

george lucas stabbed me in the back with phantom menace. He never got what was so good about the originals. It was all an accident, a product of the time apparently. There was just enough technology in the 70's and 80's for George not to get lazy I think

Archived