IGNORED

Sony cancels Spider-Man 4

Rubin Farr

i know i'm not the only one who thought these got worse as they went on. hopefully, Sam Raimi will take this as a chance to continue with the horror reboot of his career. and the Vulture would have been an awful main villain. why didn't they ever do Hobgoblin, or the Black Cat? shit Spidey tackled the Kingpin on several occasions so they could've done that character justice, too.

http://io9.com/5446046/tossed-out-of-spider+man-john-malkovich-goes-red

i liked the idea of John malkovich as the vulture, but im probably in the minority here thinking Spiderman 3 was the best one.

edit: i wish he would be rebooting his horror career, but did you know he's signed on to make a Warcraft movie? I honestly can't think of anything more awful sounding

i think the guy that did the phantom menace 70 minute review should do one of spiderman 3. why did they have to bring back up uncle ben's murder and change that all around? that wasn't necessary. how about more drama with him and mary jane, really? ok i realize the suit makes him bad, so you kind of have to show it, but it's been their little love triangle with harry through all 3 movies. weren't there comics where they were just cool? ok mj gotta go fight the badguys, ok pete later AND THATS IT. venom just was not that good imo, i mean is this venom or carnage again? and what was with it being all tongue in cheek at parts like the night club scene. i know raimi goes for that kind of thing but it just felt awkward and out of place.

i liked the idea of John malkovich as the vulture, but im probably in the minority here thinking Spiderman 3 was the best one.

edit: i wish he would be rebooting his horror career, but did you know he's signed on to make a Warcraft movie? I honestly can't think of anything more awful sounding

i love the scene where Tobey Maguire is dancing

and singing about how cool he is when he is caught in his darker spidey.

i LOL'd big lol's

i generally was entertained by spiderman 3.

i will never be fully comfortable with tobey as spidey though.

we need a real spiderman film, like what the dark night did for batman, but better.

With Raimi and McGuire gone, I was hoping Spiderman 4 would turn into a 2 hour off/on cameo of Stan Lee, and all the overlooked Spiderman villians being interviewed by Space Ghost.

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

They should definitely do a live action Harvey Birdman type thing. But the comic publishers take their shit way too seriously now.

Guest Stoppit

Instead of a Spiderman 4, with the actors we'd expect, they're going to make a younger (high-school) Spiderman movie. :facepalm:

Yeah, I've got no problem with Raimi not making any more Spiderman, but I really don't want to see a reboot with a new cast (it's a bit worrying that a reboot for a franchise that only finished 3 years ago was given the go-ahead).

Does this mean they'll have to go through the 'origins' story again? I don't want to see that.

Guest Coalbucket PI

Spiderman 3 was a dreadful mess, and I don't want to see a new origins story either. I also don't especially like John Malkovitch, what's so great about him?

Seriously, what a bunch of bell ends those studio heads are.

I'm glad the Raimi has walked if he was being pressured to take the series in a direction he wasn't happy with. His films may have had a few wobbly moments, but I for one enjoyed them immensely. Now the studio wants to take it back to an origin story, and for what? The recent series is too fresh in people's minds.

Cocks.

Not having him as a director of spider-man 4 (and Tobey as Peter Parker) im ok with.

But REBOOTING the whole franchise and doing the first movie again, putting Peter Parker back in highschool, what the hell? the first film isnt even 10 years old yet!

Sony guy 1 "we are low on profits, what was a popular film we can do again?"

Sony guy 2 "Spider-man made alot of money for us"

Sony guy 1 "yeah lets do that one again"

But REBOOTING the whole franchise and doing the first movie again, putting Peter Parker back in highschool, what the hell? the first film isnt even 10 years old yet!

yeah its pretty much a travesty to reboot a franchise this soon. Look what they did to the Hulk. Ang Lee actually made an interesting untraditional super hero movie and fans fucking hated it because it wasn't just a bunch of 'hulk smash!' moments .

Guest GrandPopPoplock

The franchise died years ago for me ( well, before the release of Spider Man 3 ) I knew 3 was going to be awful as soon as Topher was casted for Brock. Everybody thought I was crazy...now...look where we're at .

But yeah, I hope everything works out.

Archived