IGNORED

Avatar wins Best Picture and Cameron takes Best Director at the Golden Globes

karmakramer

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I left the cinema realising that I would've hated the film if it hadn't been for the 3D.

It's a blue Matrix.

Also, I'm unsure about the record breaking figures for this film, as it's the most I've ever paid to see a film in the cinema (£10). That's at least £2.50 more than I'd expect to pay at the cinema, so maybe we should be subtracting a quarter of these figures.

$1,450,467,005 worldwide becomes $1,087,850,254.

Anyway, I guess that's still huge. The flimsy plot makes this incredibly accessible for foreign markets. Another clever move.

being a mediocre film is one thing, but it's seriously on its way to becoming the largest-grossing film in history. how in the fuck are you guys thinking it'll be forgotten about?

edit: i know somebody else basically stated what I just did verbatim, but watmmers sometimes confuse me with their backwards logic

being a mediocre film is one thing, but it's seriously on its way to becoming the largest-grossing film in history. how in the fuck are you guys thinking it'll be forgotten about?

when you adjust for inflation, is that still true?

http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

idk if that's accurate. we should measure these things in amount of tickets sold instead of how much money films make.

when you adjust for inflation, is that still true?

http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

idk if that's accurate. we should measure these things in amount of tickets sold instead of how much money films make.

This

until they improve the technology so that 3d doesn't cause massive headaches, i'll stick with two-dimensions in my movies, thanks.

+1

they should have all kinds of kooshy designs for 3D glasses (this will probably start happening more, better designs even as the standard issue, the ones now totally suck)

and just let you bring in your own custom pair.maybe just let you pay the extra fee instead of also giving you those sorry ass little shit glasses. you could get a discount for

maintaining and providing your own glasses and they could give a prize for the best design's.

this guy has the right idea

lol

000614-homemade-3d-glasses-guy21.jpg

these look like a well crafted and functional design, they look light and comfortable

rtw2005-6.1135129800.glasses.jpg

Guest quadramoray

i thought avatar was shit. my friend and i walked out about an hour in. what an unbelievably predictable storyline with nickelodeon level dialogue and acting.

i couldn't get pissed off enough with a movie to walk out. I never passionately dislike films the way some do though. I'd only walk out if i was literally falling asleep.

it's easy to hate, isn't it? oh no, it's popular, better hate it to maintain my IDMhipster credibility.

avatar is an excellent film in what it was meant to be, an action packed fantasy/scifi spectacle with top notch effects. if you are going to see a movie like that to get good acting and original plot you are going to be disappointed. there are other movies out there offering those aspects. cameron again showed that he is a master of big movies and his directing of action pieces is among, if not the best in hollywood. and the audiences are loving it. the man has made back to back $1+ billion movies for fucks sake.

i don't really understand why people compare, for example, the acting from a character study movie to the acting of a big budget action flick, two completely different movies set to achieve totally different goals.

Guest quadramoray

quaritch_288x288.jpg

the movie has this guy in it, and he uses the line

'We're not in kansas anymore'

that in itself makes the movie unwatchable.

avatar is an excellent film in what it was meant to be, an action packed fantasy/scifi spectacle with top notch effects. if you are going to see a movie like that to get good acting and original plot you are going to be disappointed.

Why the fuck can't it have both? If you're gonna spend so much money on effects an all that, couldn't you also spend some money on a decent script and acting talent. These things surely don't have to be mutually exclusive :blink:

Guest Coalbucket PI

I LIKE AVATAR I DON'T LIKE AVATAR

I LIKE THREE DIMENSIONS I DISLIKE THREE DIMENSIONS

BLUE CAT MONKEY ALIENS ARE SEXY NO THEY AREN'T LOL

avatar is an excellent film in what it was meant to be, an action packed fantasy/scifi spectacle with top notch effects. if you are going to see a movie like that to get good acting and original plot you are going to be disappointed.

Why the fuck can't it have both? If you're gonna spend so much money on effects an all that, couldn't you also spend some money on a decent script and acting talent. These things surely don't have to be mutually exclusive :blink:

it seems that way.. in Hollywood. I honestly didn't see the bad acting everyone is talking about. They were a bit cliched in their attitudes but they gave great performances.

Hating on haters is the lowest form of hating.

Haters hate because they personally feel threatened by whatever and have to tear it apart out of insecurity. Hater haters are merely calling a spade.

Hating on haters is the lowest form of hating.

Haters hate because they personally feel threatened by whatever and have to tear it apart out of insecurity. Hater haters are merely calling a spade.

Haters hating haters only hate, because the haters make them insecure.

Archived