IGNORED

Fart Chamber

Fred McGriff

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know of a few guys working in the nanotech field at the moment who are making steady ground in potential cancer treatments. Maybe we could relocate them all to this project?

if i had billions of dollars i would definitely hire a squad of top notch scientists and engineers to design the best, most state-of-the-art fart chamber money can buy. that would be the first thing you'd read in my wikipedia bio too.

does fart contain carbon dioxide, like an exhalation, or does it contain oxygen? this would be good to know.

The major components of the flatus, which are odorless, by percentage are:

Nitrogen: 20–90%

Hydrogen: 0–50%

Carbon dioxide: 10–30%

Oxygen: 0–10%

Methane: 0–10%

gruff-tastic statistics. why not just catch someone and give them constant fistfullofdollars

• 10 months later...

she says every material is permeable to something to some degree, so our best bet would be to find specific materials (polymers are easiest to process) that are mostly impermeable to our target gases and process them in a way so that they are layered in sheets (she says this is what your soda bottles are now).

mercaptans (what gives your farts the shit stink) are pretty large molecules, so this is doable.

on the other hand, hydrogen sulfide (what gives your farts the egg stink) are small molecules, so this is harder.

i find the idea of a bottled fart maturing over time like a fine wine extremely intriguing.

Guest dese manz hatin

once a proper impermeable material is found, we should work on integrating molecular channels that work in a way similar to protein channels in cell membranes.

receptors_1.jpg

this way specific odorless gasses could be removed to the outer-chamber area thus increasing the relative rate of fart gas inside the chamber.

Guest fiznuthian

i would construct a room similar to the way i would construct a laminar flow hood for sterile tissue culture work..

the idea is that you have a blower (squirrel cage are used for hood systems, but there's different types) that forces air from outside of the room through a HEPA filter, which forces near sterile air into the room.. then you need an exit, some kind of vent. using another blower to pull air out of the room would be optional, a good one forcing air in should be sufficient to force unclean air out of the room..

should make for a solid fart-free environment

I've heard of the fart mask. I've seen it in Jackass. But they need two people to create this effect. Why not have a self contained fart mask/chamber? Heavy diet of raw vegetables, beans and cherries, a suit not unlike one an astro or cosmonaut may wear, and a reciprocating set of tubes and such. You could be a free roaming fart chamber. Until we get the fine print hammered out you could have a small supply of the proper gasses to keep one from dying but in the long run it could work out.

Maybe even a fart bubble. Like John Travolta but with fart gas.

Maybe something like the stillsuits from Dune would work as a personal fart chamber. If the suit is close to the body, the gasses could be forced through tubes (keeping their concentration as they aren't allowed to dissipate over a larger space) up to the face and into a small chamber that encloses the mouth and nose of the user.

Kind of like this but with a mask attachment.

6b.jpg

i would construct a room similar to the way i would construct a laminar flow hood for sterile tissue culture work..

the idea is that you have a blower (squirrel cage are used for hood systems, but there's different types) that forces air from outside of the room through a HEPA filter, which forces near sterile air into the room.. then you need an exit, some kind of vent. using another blower to pull air out of the room would be optional, a good one forcing air in should be sufficient to force unclean air out of the room..

should make for a solid fart-free environment

:mellow:

aren't you describing... an anti-fart chamber?

Guest Calx Sherbet

I could swear Mythbusters did an episode testing if you could suffocate on farts.

yes they did. it would have to be a continuous stream of gas in a sealed room for like 2 years

I don't know how people feel about synthetic farts, but couldn't we use some kind of molecular prining technique to analyse and then artifically reconstruct the fart. You wouldn't even have to fart when you enter the chamber, you could choose from a database of memorable farts. You could even have special editions available for purchase, perhaps of famous people. I have a feeling this fart simulacrum would have been much approved of by Baudrillard, what with him being French and everything.

Archived