IGNORED

Fart Chamber

Fred McGriff

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol its actually funny because my wife does research on gas permeation through polymer membranes, i do other stuff.

she says every material is permeable to something to some degree, so our best bet would be to find specific materials (polymers are easiest to process) that are mostly impermeable to our target gases and process them in a way so that they are layered in sheets (she says this is what your soda bottles are now).

though i didn't tell her i was thinking about fart gas...

lol its actually funny because my wife does research on gas permeation through polymer membranes, i do other stuff.

she says every material is permeable to something to some degree, so our best bet would be to find specific materials (polymers are easiest to process) that are mostly impermeable to our target gases and process them in a way so that they are layered in sheets (she says this is what your soda bottles are now).

NOOOO

there has got to be an impermeable material! something infinitely dense. a fart chamber with walls made of collapsed star.

(p.s. lol at asking your wife discreetly about a fart chamber)

NOOOO

there has got to be an impermeable material! something infinitely dense. a fart chamber with walls made of collapsed star.

(p.s. lol at asking your wife discreetly about a fart chamber)

haha i thought of something like black hole material too. there are definitely materials out there that would probably hold in a good portion of fart gas, say, over the lifetime of the poor sap in the fart chamber, but not indefinitely. in the chemical engineering industry, gases that escape are called fugitive emissions, lol

what if you converted the fart into a solid? is that at all possible? if you can convert steam into water and water into ice, can you do the same with fart? that way the fart is preserved indefinitely inside the fart chamber.

what if you converted the fart into a solid? is that at all possible? if you can convert steam into water and water into ice, can you do the same with fart? that way the fart is preserved indefinitely inside the fart chamber.

isnt that a shit?

this could make a pretty good game show i think, where the contestant is completely submerged in water inside the fart chamber and the object of the game is to see who can stay in the longest by farting and trying to suck all the gas from the ascending fart bubbles through a special fart inhalation pipe. any missed fart bubbles would rise to the ceiling of the fart chamber where they are out of reach of the fart pipe.

here's a still from the pilot episode. as you can see this plucky chap has been under for over 23 minutes

2sa1dme.jpg

you could definitely liquefy the fart, but you'd have to compress and cool the gas. they routinely liquefy air to purify it into O2, N2, etc. although as soon as you exposed the liquid fart to atmospheric pressure, it would vaporize again. i am pretty sure you can't solidify oxygen, nitrogen, and hydrogen, dunno about methane or H2S.

metal would be good, but you could still lose a few molecules here and there. we're talking about making the chamber retain every single fart molecule. for that to happen, it would probably have to be made out some dense collapsed star material like fred said.

Do you think we could squeeze the Sugababes in there. I'd love to fart on the Sugababes.

Also it would be amazing if the perfect material was found and in 100 billion years time after the energy death of the universe the only thing that remained was the fart chamber.

Guest Adjective

Do you think we could squeeze the Sugababes in there. I'd love to fart on the Sugababes.

Also it would be amazing if the perfect material was found and in 100 billion years time after the energy death of the universe the only thing that remained was the fart chamber.

Isn't that what 2001: A Space Odyssey was meant to suggest?

Isn't that what 2001: A Space Odyssey was meant to suggest?

I can't remember the Sugababes in 2001: A Space Odyssey. Oh wait, yes I can...

the_dawn_of_man_2001_a_space_odyssey-400-400.jpg

Mutya-Buena.jpg

If you could solidize a fart you could probably smoke it.

That would be some quality shit.

Guest Adjective

I meant that the monolith was an impenetrable fart chamber made of collapsed stars by some great unknown force.

And that it was this fart chamber that guided this planet down the path to create our own fart chambers for the purposes of shaping new worlds as we delve deeper in our exploration of space.

hey guys, i've let the boys over at Processing run some tests on that data, and their results are looking remarkable to say the least..

complicated_graph_1.jpg

complicated_graph_2.jpg

complicated_graph_7.jpg

Archived