IGNORED

Your Latest Creations

BCM

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We could make it so there is a minimum post count before you can post in there maybe? Jonas's idea about picking out the ten best every month is a good idea, I'd get involved in that

The minimum post count is a good idea, as long as it wasn't abused (and I'm not quite sure if I can configure it so you have to post a certain number of times IN YLC in order to be able to create a topic...)

Anything involving "you need x posts to do y" just means people will spam x meaningless posts.

A lot of lame forums have these kind of limits, ie: you can't post URLs until you make 10 posts. These forums end up full of worthless one line posts, like "I agree, good point" or "Thanks, this is useful".

It's great if you don't care about post quality, and just want to make your forum look more active, but it's useless if you want to encourage good discussion.

the thing i don't like about ylc is that usually only 1 person rates a track and they always rate it 5, so it looks like everything is always 5-star quality

sometimes i secretly go in and rate it 1 to even it out, except in the occasion of tracks by Jaffa which i always rate 1 because he has a tiny pen0x

Cheers. Dickhead.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

Anything involving "you need x posts to do y" just means people will spam x meaningless posts.

A lot of lame forums have these kind of limits, ie: you can't post URLs until you make 10 posts. These forums end up full of worthless one line posts, like "I agree, good point" or "Thanks, this is useful".

It's great if you don't care about post quality, and just want to make your forum look more active, but it's useless if you want to encourage good discussion.

I agree, good point

Guest placidburp

i gave up on YLC ever since tracks uploaded to watmm stopped opening in a browser tab and starting bringing up a save to disk / open in winamp window.

Yeah I noticed that too!! Why is it?

BCM: yeah I kinda guessed you were really..

I must say though, there are some brilliant music makers in YLC. Mitch Murder, Hautlle, Erothyme, TraiT, reyde_espana, ryanmcallister to name a few (as well as the others that were mentioned.)

I am guilty of neglecting the place too recently though. I tend to download a lot of the music and forget I did, then find it months later which is especially annoying if they aren't tagged to the artist!

Maybe we should do a little monthly contest for example 'Best YLC song in January 2010' or whatever, just to get people more involved and listening to the music again? I dunno. I miss Promo!

Guest Masonic Boom

This is good now. Everyone seems to be bumping their favourite tracks so I can go and listen to them without compromising my utter laziness! Hurrah!

Guest ezkerraldean

i never go in there anymore since my current bandwidth is too shit to even send/receive mp3s

most stuff in there was shit anyway lol

Is the advice given there still completely negative? Or is there some constructive criticism?

I literally remember one of mine being reviewed as follows:

"Yeah mate, this is really afx, lovin it, ah but then it gets too repetitive."

lol what?

this is a depressing thread for a feedback whore like me, though i must admit i kinda suck at commenting on tracks by artists i haven't heard before.

everytime i upload something and get like 0-1 comments i tell myself i won't post anything else for a good while until i've made something really worthwhile, but still ends up posting every single track i poop out (though i do tend to put alot of work into most of my tracks :fear:)

sometimes i wish you could delete your own threads, like the youtube thingy i posted in there the other day, wtf was that about? :facepalm:

also, most of my tracks aren't very idmz, and with this being an idm forum, i understand.

/rant

I was just talking to placidburp about this last night. I try to listen to a lot of stuff in YLC. Ya, some of it sucks, a lot of it sounds kind of noob, but there is also some really good stuff in there. It's irritating for me that unless you are one of the aforementioned people you are lucky to get 1 or 2 comments on your tracks. I usually try to leave something positive and negative if I reply about a track I checked out.

So YLC peeps: Be more open minded; be kind to the noobs (we all started somewhere); and we all love music, so LISTEN to it!

yeah, it's like YLC sucks all the fun out of making music because one asshole here as usual wants to laugh at himself.

I'd much rather teach people I know round here Floops if they are interested and see what they come up with...itsa lot of fun.

just got an idea...

what if we had a YLC competition by proxy? Like, each contestant would sponsor a complete n00b to learn some software/hardware and submit a track within a given amount of time, then we all judge them as a community!!! Positivity only!!!

YLC is one of the reasons im getting tried of this community. its exemplary of the self-serving popularity-contest wankfest that this place has become. To think, when there's an entire subforum dedicated for review and critique of each others music and the community here is almost entirely unwilling to support people trying to make interesting music. I tried giving unpopular tracks (which were 40% of the time quite good) helpful critique, I tried getting people interested in the forum with my YLC mixes, but again, no one gave a shit. It seems ridiculous to me that the actual music making section of "we are the music makers" attracts only a handful of people, only a fraction of which get any love, and for those that do, they seldom return the favor. And now you cocks are here boohooing about how the same 5 or 6 people that got all the attention dont post anymore so why would you even bother checking out other peoples stuff. Fuck off.

Sorry for being a ranty dick, but this is one of my biggest problems with this community, and to me is exemplary of why this place is becoming a sterile shithole for mods and jaded old-timers.

Though i will say there are several members who have contributed greatly to that subforum. you know who you are, and i thank you for attempting to make the community more welcome for everyone.

Archived