IGNORED

Your Latest Creations

BCM

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i came here for the aphex twinz lol

but seriously, i agree with 420range, how come that a community dedicated to electronic music doesn't give a shit about other people's electronic music? mainly because people come here for updates, info and stuff about the artists the forum is dedicated to, plus a few lolz in gen ban when they're bored at work for example. people here ain't interested in amateur music made by some random internet chap. which is a pity imo. i can do teh aphex twin too you know

I respect you 420range but you're never going to get an entire community to do what you want it to do.

i dont really expect them to (in full at least), i was just surprised that there was/is so little willingness to support those who aren't genban superstars with thousands of dollars of equipment and years (perhaps even decades) of experience and who might be struggling in their creative process in their formative years of making music.

There's a whole lot more things i wish this community would do, but this is one of my biggest qualms because it undermines peoples willingness to contribute good things to this community (and not just in EKT).

this is one of my biggest qualms because it undermines peoples willingness to contribute good things to this community (and not just in EKT).

does it?

It's a tricky issue. I don't listen to as many posts on YLC as I should, especially when it comes to people who are extremely new. There are always exceptions, but it's mainly true. I'm not saying I'm awesome or anything, but most things posted are not my cup of tea. It may not be particularly bad, but certain styles of electronic music just don't appeal to me much anymore. I've moved away from the hyper edited glitchy stuff myself (with a few exceptions) and just don't find it as interesting as I used to. Also, if I don't like something, I see no reason to tell the person I don't like it (they didn't make it to suit my tastes after all), unless there is something specific about the track that I don't like and it can be fixed to make a solid track. That being said, I appreciate the people who listen and comment on my stuff. I can definitely see the popularity contest argument though, and while it is sometimes "roll your eyes & cringe" worthy, it is SOMETIMES deserved.

One thing I have noticed (for you noobs) is that people are generally going to take more interest in listening in the 1st place if you take the time to be active in the other forums. After all, watmm wasn't originally made to be a board to post your work. There are other places for that if that's all you do here.

I will however do my part, as I really do like watmm quite a bit, and offer more constructive crit if it can be helpful.

but seriously, i agree with 420range, how come that a community dedicated to electronic music doesn't give a shit about other people's electronic music? mainly because people come here for updates, info and stuff about the artists the forum is dedicated to, plus a few lolz in gen ban when they're bored at work for example. people here ain't interested in amateur music made by some random internet chap. which is a pity imo. i can do teh aphex twin too you know

easy. because just about everyone on this board is up themselves.

for a stretch of the better part of a year i commented on every single post in ylc, whether i liked it or not, but i just don't have that time anymore

also like sneaksta303 i don't like a lot of it (though i do like hyper-edited glitchy music) and i came to the realization that my opinion doesn't matter

i posted some music several years ago that i wanted constructive feedback on, but i'm happy with where i'm at now so i don't need anyone's reviews

easy. because just about everyone on this board is up themselves.

pot/kettle etc.

Guest Fishtank

I don't care so much if people comment

even if it's a bad comment

I'm happy if they just listen

I try to make it over there and comment, a lot of times I'll get something and listen to it but I'll navigate away form WATMM and read something else

get distracted and forget to write anything

I try to make it over there and comment, a lot of times I'll get something and listen to it but I'll navigate away form WATMM and read something else

get distracted and forget to write anything

oh yeah i do that too. sometimes i remember I have a middle mouse button however.

i will say that ylc benefits greatly from soundcloud... downloading everything and, later, listening from myspace links weren't really cutting it

Guest Fishtank

lol that too

I have a handfull of EKTers on my regular playlist

that will pop up on shuffle and I'm like 'WTF who's this??'

Guest Masonic Boom

Oh, goodie! I'll happily join another SoundCloud group - or at least one of my alter egos will. But I've got nothing up there except a couple of works in progress I don't really want anyone to hear because I don't want to be judged by unfinished stuff. (Unless you can help me with advice on my snare rushes)

Okay i'm gonna post my last creation right here because no one will give a shit. OH pleaase please give a shit to me !

here's some electronic writing :

Mar 15 h 00 - Le CLASH

une fille dans lequel se trouve aussi la Wii est en Angleterre, se rappelant sa position sur les mares ou lacs subglaciaires.

elle trouve que c'est lui qui avait peur du changement et qu'il ne faut pas Pousser sur un point Godwin ou les Malheurs et plaisirs et la solitude touche tout LE monde. parfaitement consciente de sa destruction, elle a mis plus de FIGARO et moins de BEAUMARCHAIS dans sa jeunesse

sa petite culotte sur son concurrent de l'iPhone, elle fit le lapin nain comme si elle venait d'enregistrer son dernier film de MARIAGE. elle trouvait cela presque 3 millions de fois plus efficace que la science. lorsqu'elle jouit de sa moto elle poussa un profond sentiment en un cri dans la vie. Lui il se sentit pris par un bienfait ou un message de paix -couleursdepaix- et il s'est enrichi sur le banc moussu participant aux jeux. il enfonca la main et autres autorisations D'URBANISME dans le Noir de LA performance et il gicla sur la place de son talent d'artiste-femme, homme dans le courant Porteur en Ligne, papille du nerf dans la manifestation vivante et agissante.

reposant l'un contre L'Autre, ils se constituent en effet de serre. ils dorment dans des conditions précaires et par des intervenants EXTERIEURS QUALIFIÉS EN GRAND NOMBRE, tous deux semblent avoir souffert.

"ne vous perdez plus jamais seuls ensemble" soufflent leurs bouches lisses "la vie est une petite zone de prises d'escalade qui passe et repasse comme une IMAGE charnue que l'infini peut aussi avoir dans les feuilles mortes qui se ramassent."

Guest futuregirlfriend

Mar 15:00 - CLASH a girl in whom also Wii is in England, remembering her position on the ponds or lakes subglaciaires. she finds that c' is him which were afraid of the change and qu' one does not need Pousser on a Godwin point or Misfortunes and pleasures and loneliness touches everyone. perfectly conscious of its destruction, it put more BARBER and less BEAUMARCHAIS in its youth its panties on its competitor of l' iPhone, it made dwarf rabbit as if it came d' to record its last film of MARRIAGE. it found that almost 3 million times more effective than science. lorsqu' she enjoys her motor bike she pushed a deep feeling in a cry in the life. He it felt taken by a benefit or a message of peace - couleursdepaix- and it s' is enriched on the bench moussu taking part in the plays. it inserted the hand and other D' authorizations; TOWN PLANNING in the Black of the performance and it squirted on the place of its talent d' artist-woman, man in the powerline communication, papilla of the nerve in the demonstration alive and acting. resting l' against L' Other, they constitute greenhouse indeed. they sleep under precarious conditions and by outside contributors QUALIFIED IN GREAT NUMBER, both seem to have suffered. " you lose never again only ensemble" their smooth mouths blow " the life is a small zone of catches d' climbing which passes and passes by again like a fleshy IMAGE that l' infinite can also have in the dead sheets which ramassent."

i've never seen babelfish do such a terrible job at french->english

i'll watch that soundcloud group from now on.

Used to be inspiring, Lobe(Wisp) and Tauboo made eight songs a day....and all of them were amazing

Encey was recording our dreams....

Kcinsu is still the king of dark ambient...

Global Goon!

Easementh(Autopilot?), Loafeye!!!, Aquinas, The Green Kingdom(even more bad ass now!), I am sure LUDD was around doing something, and....

mother fucking Beak!

those were the days where dreams were made daily and we all bathed in the glorious sunbeams of imagination that emanated from this site....

bye bye ole days!

Guest Otto Krat

I am posting in this topic so that you guts recognize my name and to improve my posts amount so that when I post something on YLC you comment.

Archived