IGNORED

Fever Ray at P3 Guld

beariksson

Yeaaapp, makes you smile and love her even more. And about the knife, I'm going to see "Tomorrow, in a year" this saturday. Really curious about it, except don't really know what to expect apart from the sample they released.

Also, didn't really think of it before but, "best dance"? Obviously yes, but no, not dance?

Guest Masonic Boom

so I guess Lady Gaga is just a poor man's Fever Ray???

Not really, though. Different genres, different intent, different universes.

They both seem to play with image and visual identity in similar sorts of ways. But their music is almost nothing alike.

Guest Masonic Boom

Some people care about more in the artists that they love than how "experimental" they are. Like, you know, how AMAZINGLY GOOD they are?

Some people care about more in the artists that they love than how "experimental" they are. Like, you know, how AMAZINGLY GOOD they are?

good music is good music but over hype is a killer, especially when it's hyped as being 'really weird' when it's well, really normal and pretty average

so I guess Fever Ray is just a spoon fed eating man's version of 'experimental' pop music ?

good music is good music but over hype is a killer, especially when it's hyped as being 'really weird' when it's well, really normal and pretty average

lol

as we can see in that video fever ray is so totes normal gize!

fever ray is the bomb, one of the cooler pop albums i heard from last year. no reason to hate GB3. don't make me crash a plane into yer towers.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

who cares? I know what weird is. I also know what good is. fever ray is good.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

yeah one of the best albums this year of poppy music. its not IDM so lets not hate.

so did lady gaga wear somethign similar?

She's great and this made me lulzy. I can't find anything to hate. Fuck that shit.

Guest Masonic Boom

who cares? I know what weird is. I also know what good is. fever ray is good.

I don't know what "hype" sounds like. Is that, like, a preset in Ableton Live or something?

I do know what music sounds like that intrigues me and draws me into its own world and envelops me with interesting and emotionally affecting sounds. It sounds like Fever Ray.

I *like* the fact that Karin never seems to comment on or explain her music. It just is. You can partake of it if you choose to, or not. If other people want to draw conclusions that it's "too weird" or "not weird enough" that has nothing to do with the music, and says more about *them* and their expectations than it ever does about the music.

I love the way that Fever Ray album is almost like a cipher. It's obtuse, but not with the intent to deceive or shout about how "quirky" it is, but more just presents an alternate universe that you either accept or don't. It's like a room with many doors. A passage that you walk through where the rooms are just different moods you pass through. It doesn't pander, it doesn't explain, it doesn't flatter.

Music like that is rare, and I love it. Your mileage may vary.

Archived