IGNORED

so what's britain got to offer me?

doorjamb

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest the anonymous forumite

One thing I really enjoyed in London was buying weed on the streets. Got ripped off twice, once in Soho (it was basil) and once in Camden town, where the weed was the most expensive in the world.

I'm glad the yanks are hated so much round the world, it takes the pressure off us British. It's nice to have a rest and put our feet up for a while LoL.

eh you mean english i think.

everyone likes scots and paddys. everyone.

yeah don't be buying weed off the streets in london.

buying drugs off the street in any city will mostly lead to disappointment.

I'm glad the yanks are hated so much round the world, it takes the pressure off us British. It's nice to have a rest and put our feet up for a while LoL.

TRU STORY

TRU STORY

Everyone apart from the English, so that's not everybody is it? LoL.

Guest ezkerraldean

One thing I really enjoyed in London was buying weed on the streets. Got ripped off twice, once in Soho (it was basil)

lol

TRU STORY

omg what about the welsh

Guest ezkerraldean

so, to recap, cakes made of congealed fat, shitty museums, and overpriced street weed?

I guess I'll be spending most of my stay at the local sausage roll stand, then...

GO SEE THE QUEEN

last time i was in london i found out that theres a little shop in buckingham palace, and i bought a poster of the queen for 50p and it's now on our fridge. awesome

nice! last time I went (I was about 10 I think) I got a plastic bobby helmet I used to wear all the time. It's funny how awesome touristy stuff can be.

On another note, I just found a pic on wikipedia of the Rujal News & Booze, which is where I bought my first pack of cigarettes! (nobody in the states would have sold to me, being too young)

Clacton_1_%28Piotr_Kuczynski%29.jpg

One thing I really enjoyed in London was buying weed on the streets. Got ripped off twice, once in Soho (it was basil) and once in Camden town, where the weed was the most expensive in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt-JQm-t36I&feature=related

Strangely, completely apt. And you should watch that entire episode if you have never seen it before ("this, is the good shit")

One thing you must have learned Doorjamb is that the British, sorry English have a great sense of humour. We don't take ourselves too seriously and one of our great attributes is we can laugh at ourselves. And laugh at the Irish, and the Welsh and the Scottish. And everyone else too.

I think the English will always be saved no matter what comes our way by our sense of humour. The Irish are fucking hillarious too.

Something of a learning curve for me when I was young teenager, was when those older than me would tear me to shreds by taking the piss out of me when I thought they were my friends. I learnt quickly that the more some people would make jokes out of you, the more they liked you. It's one of those things growing up that I did not understand.

One thing I really enjoyed in London was buying weed on the streets. Got ripped off twice, once in Soho (it was basil)

lol

TRU STORY

omg what about the welsh

the welsh are irrelevant.

and beerwolf, i've never met an englisman that doesn't like the scots and irish. anyway if you don't like a whole nation full of people you're stupid.

If you plan on pretending to be Canadian, make sure you make all of your statements sound like questions. It can be quite confusing, but generally whenever a Canadian makes some kind of statement of intent, they always slip in a question mark.

I am going to get A HAIRCUT??

I need to go to the GROCERY STORY?

Just put the empty shoe boxes on the side of the road and litter every where because we are a bunch of FUCKING JERKS??

The capitalization is meant to signify an increase in pitch, rather than volume.

Guest Dirty Protest

Everyones a foreigner in London, so theres no need to pretend to be anyone. Buy the Guardian on a Saturday for the guide and as someone else said Time Out and there should be more than enough going on to please you.

Archived