marf

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Glass Plate

ok then... tesla.

although i think that edison is more analogous to the Beatles

No Edison invented the light bulb

Beatles simply used it in their studio before a bunch of other people got the chance.

Also: when I said popularized reverse guitar solos, name me 3 billboard hits that use one as well. (and shows any other kind of influence from the solo by the Beatles.)

oh cool, you didn't mention a single actual innovation by a beatle, but simply popular early uses, good job. Like I said sure they were the big name to help proliferate some ideas, but basically nothing they did became common use because of them. Anything that later became common use would of with or with out them, and every thing else would still have existed, so when it comes to the world of production I stay to my word that The Beatles aren't really much of innovators as much as they were an iconic band during a time of change in general. I'm not saying their music or song writing capabilities aren't good or that they aren't creative folks, I'm just saying don't over do it when placing them as some kind of music style gods, because in the end really the only things that directly spring from their canon of work really is shit like Oasis. (bands/acts like ELO, Queen, Bowie etc. would of experimented with styles in the 70's with or without the Beatles' own experimentation in my theory)

you need a new set of ears.

oh cool, you didn't mention a single actual innovation by a beatle, but simply popular early uses, good job. Like I said sure they were the big name to help proliferate some ideas, but basically nothing they did became common use because of them. Anything that later became common use would of with or with out them, and every thing else would still have existed, so when it comes to the world of production I stay to my word that The Beatles aren't really much of innovators as much as they were an iconic band during a time of change in general. I'm not saying their music or song writing capabilities aren't good or that they aren't creative folks, I'm just saying don't over do it when placing them as some kind of music style gods, because in the end really the only things that directly spring from their canon of work really is shit like Oasis. (bands/acts like ELO, Queen, Bowie etc. would of experimented with styles in the 70's with or without the Beatles' own experimentation in my theory)

you need a new set of ears.

not to mention jeff lynne would probably beat the shit out of him if they ever met.

3 reversed guitar solos directly influenced by the beatles

Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced

Chili Peppers - Give it Away

Hendrix - Castles Made of Sand

Dunno about their billboard chart positions, but fuck if everybody and their dog hasn't heard those songs.

Oh and I want a Harrington 1200, but I'd like to mod it with DNA samples from Bach and Ceephax

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I find the timing of this thread kind of interesting, as I just got into the Beatles intensely a few days ago. I never really understood the hype having not listened to their more experimental albums in full. John Lennon was a fucking pimp

Am I the only one who gets extremely annoyed by Paul McCartney?

im guessing people find Paul annoying cause he is always winking , smiling and hes kinda corny and a bit of a control freak? Can't deny his amazing music talent. My opinion. That's if he did in fact write all that stuff. But he is very respected amongst musicians and producers,. He is an incredible bass player and better guitarist than Harrison and he wrote hey jude for fuck sake.

The old Paul is not the same Paul. I consider Paul pre the first wings album, the cool Paul. Once he grew the mullet he lost it. He became the doodly doo corny winking guy.

my question still stands, marf

The music was too good for the beatles to make it? Why wouldn't it have been too good for the people who wrote it for them to make? lol

my question still stands, marf

The music was too good for the beatles to make it? Why wouldn't it have been too good for the people who wrote it for them to make? lol

I see, yeah, well, There was an interview with someone at apple, he said they had an add out that they were looking for talent and they were inundated with mail. A collection of good ideas from different people is more likely than all good ideas coming from one person. Collective intelligence. Im sure the Beatles did their own music, Im just toying with the idea that they didn't.

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

Ok way to only read one part of my post, second, those are all uses of THINGS THAT ALREADY EXIST.

I agree it would have been amazing if they used things before they existed.

Archived