IGNORED

Guns N Roses appreciation

J3FF3R00

guns_n_roses.jpg

This band was sooo fucking good at one point. I know a lot of you kids were too young to remember how they blew up and conquered the world. I literally worshiped them when I was in middle school (when the "Use Your Illusion" albums came out). I figure some of you cunts have some good taste and would like to geek out over GNR with me.

Some of my favorite songs, from off the top of my head.

Coma

Out Ta Get Me

My World

It's So Easy

Rocket Queen

One in a Million

Get in the Ring

Yesterdays

Patience

You're Crazy

Fuck dude. They're all fucking genius.

I was just thinking about them today, like most days, and was admiring how their lyrics were always about something. A lot of times people just slap lyrics on songs, but theirs always told a story. I think that is really cool. They were also an incredibly even-weighted band in terms of member input/creativity.

It showed in their sound.

I just think they're the best.

00010426.jpg

When I was in 6th grade, Coma was my FAVORITE SONG IN THE WORLD. I mean favorite like play 1000x daily favorite. It was actually when I got into them that my parents started to worry about "where I was headed" a tad. I haven't heard Chinese D. and don't care to but those 1st albums were great. I even remember loving The Spaghetti Incident. Ahhh, Guns n Fuckin

i think they were truly fanstatic with their first album, later they kinda abuse drugs, elton john influences & wents nuts but at the beguining they were really great & HUGE, like really popular. all my friends loved them.

Appetite for Destruction got me into hard rock, so that says it all really!

Not long after that though Metallica were releasing ..And Justice for All and Slayer were releasing Seasons in the Abyss and all that took over as I discovered those bands back catalogues. By the time GnR finally released Use Your Illusions I had lost interest in them to be honest (as they weren't as heavy and going at 1000mph!).

Use Your Illusion was self-indulgent crap.

But Appetite For Destruction was easily the best album of the 80's golden age of metal. i still love it.

Guest 277: 930-933

I remember videotaping a concert of theirs from TV and watching it at least a hundred times.

Probably still have that tape somewhere.

Appetite for Destruction is my favourite album of theirs I think...

Appetite for Destruction was awesome and pretty fresh at the time. G N' R Lies was pretty good too. I greatly anticipated Use Your Illusion (first music I ever pre-ordered) and I liked it at the time, but think it's mostly crap now...while the older stuff still holds up as classic.

My brother's cassette of Use Your Illusion 1 was actually what got me into music back when I was 9. I have a memory of playing it on a shitty yellow Walkman with earbuds while sitting on the carpet on the landing of my parent's house, reading the lyrics while listening. I was just totally captivated, start to finish, and I knew immediately that I wanted to do what these guys were doing. It was a sudden rite of passage. Up until that point I just remember being really bored pretty much all the time and never knowing what to do with myself, but music cured that right up. Guns 'n' Roses lead to Metallica lead to Nirvana/Grunge lead to NIN lead to the artists on this board. And now I'm going through every era of the last 50 years trying to take it all in. Music could grind to a halt for the next ten years and I think I'd still be discovering "new" music to devour.

But yeah, Guns 'n' Roses were my initiation into this world.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure no one's ever actually heard Spaghetti Incident. Certainly no one I've met.

Chinese Democracy was every bit as horrible as I had hoped, and great because of it. It's not something to listen to when I want to appreciate music, but it's good on the same days where I'd want to watch a notoriously bad movie.

Appetite for Destruction got me into hard rock, so that says it all really! Not long after that though Metallica were releasing ..And Justice for All and Slayer were releasing Seasons in the Abyss and all that took over as I discovered those bands back catalogues. By the time GnR finally released Use Your Illusions I had lost interest in them to be honest (as they weren't as heavy and going at 1000mph!).

Met too, exactly. I remember thinking they were too glam after I discovered And Justic for All and all the other random thrash bands I got into after that.

That's when I started playing guitar too and basically become a teenaged hessian within a year.

Use Your Illusion was self-indulgent crap.But Appetite For Destruction was easily the best album of the 80's golden age of metal. i still love it.

Yep.

I remember videotaping a concert of theirs from TV and watching it at least a hundred times.Probably still have that tape somewhere.Appetite for Destruction is my favourite album of theirs I think...

Was this the one from some club in Hollywood before they were huge? I had that one - it was almost all Appetite for Destruction songs, plus "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" or something. I think it was in Axl's teased hair stage too, like in the Welcome to the Jungle video.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure no one's ever actually heard Spaghetti Incident. Certainly no one I've met.

Chinese Democracy was every bit as horrible as I had hoped, and great because of it. It's not something to listen to when I want to appreciate music, but it's good on the same days where I'd want to watch a notoriously bad movie.

Since I was reminded of the fact that Spaghetti Incident was a covers album, I'm actually more interested in hearing that than Chinese Democracy. And when I say "more interested", I mean only slightly more than zero.

My brother's cassette of Use Your Illusion 1 was actually what got me into music back when I was 9. I have a memory of playing it on a shitty yellow Walkman with earbuds while sitting on the carpet on the landing of my parent's house, reading the lyrics while listening. I was just totally captivated, start to finish, and I knew immediately that I wanted to do what these guys were doing. It was a sudden rite of passage. Up until that point I just remember being really bored pretty much all the time and never knowing what to do with myself, but music cured that right up. Guns 'n' Roses lead to Metallica lead to Nirvana/Grunge lead to NIN lead to the artists on this board. And now I'm going through every era of the last 50 years trying to take it all in. Music could grind to a halt for the next ten years and I think I'd still be discovering "new" music to devour.

But yeah, Guns 'n' Roses were my initiation into this world.

Appetite for Destruction got me into hard rock, so that says it all really! Not long after that though Metallica were releasing ..And Justice for All and Slayer were releasing Seasons in the Abyss and all that took over as I discovered those bands back catalogues. By the time GnR finally released Use Your Illusions I had lost interest in them to be honest (as they weren't as heavy and going at 1000mph!).

Met too, exactly. I remember thinking they were too glam after I discovered And Justic for All and all the other random thrash bands I got into after that.

I was a bit of a combo. I certainly got "And Justice for All" (from Columbia House... remember that shit?) right afterward. That was soon followed by "Seasons in the Abyss", Nirvana, NIN/Pigface and later AFX.

I have "The Spaghetti Incident". I actually like it. There's a T Rex cover, a Misfits cover and a Charles Manson cover. Not too bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjYOJ3WkPZ4

Archived