IGNORED

Concrete Choices

Dragon

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which track is better? (please do not vote unless you have heard both tracks)

• Polygon Window - Quino - phec
    • Autechre - paralel suns

I thought I'd start a poll with a really, really tough choice. So here it is, in the red corner we have Quino - phec, the beautiful album closer to Surfing On Sine Waves. And in the blue corner, it's paralel suns, arguably one of the most relaxing songs Autechre have ever released. But which is better? There's only one way to find out...

Here are 30 second samples for those who haven't heard both tracks:

quino phec sample.mp3

paralel suns sample.mp3

can't choose. they're just too different conceptually. parallel suns is about all the super subtle and quiet stuff in the background, notes buried in the swishing sounds..

quino phec is lush too.

I was thinking about these two some years ago... first it was Polygon Window then later I changed it to Autechre, so now I just picked what I remembered my choice was but I got a slight feeling that Polygon Window could go for it since it is a little bit more emotional for me as I haven´t heard the Autechre track so many times that I would even notice this "super subtle and quiet stuff in the background" and all those "notes buried in the swishing sounds"...

maybe it's better to compare Quino-Phec with Altibzz, even though that would still be apples and oranges.

Anyway: Quino-Phec owns all.

Archived