IGNORED

Volcanic dust ruined my plans!

Guest placidburp

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

makes you realize how much we rely on air travel. some ash in the sky and we're fucked. we seriously take so many things for granted and build our societies around the fact that it works, and yet that can be disrupted fairly easy and mess up a shitload of things.

by the way, ...have any of you western Europeans seen any stuff falling on the ground? There were rumors here in Slovakia about some black hail-stones falling down but no one confirmed that it has to do something with the volcano itself yet...

by the way, ...have any of you western Europeans seen any stuff falling on the ground? There were rumors here in Slovakia about some black hail-stones falling down but no one confirmed that it has to do something with the volcano itself yet...

Nothing yet - I was told that the sunset the other day was supposed to get obscured by the ashes but I forgot all about it. I also read that it's snowing ashes on Iceland - Silent Hill style!

There was apparently slushy rain in +8 degrees on the West Coast of Norway the other day. And I could smell sulfur around my town on Thursday.

BTW: Now I just read the news that Northern Norway is open for air traffic again.

Guest 277: 930-933

That's some fucked up shit, placidburp.

Have you had contact with the bookers from once upon a festival yet?

When are you recording your set?

Guest Otto Krat

Holy crap I had to be in Chicago today. Guess what... :facepalm:

I have a new plane on tuesday but that makes a 4 day trip instead of a week.

IF I go.

makes you realize how much we rely on air travel. some ash in the sky and we're fucked. we seriously take so many things for granted and build our societies around the fact that it works, and yet that can be disrupted fairly easy and mess up a shitload of things.

i for one enjoy looking at the blue sky, not seeing a single aircraft trail. This is ultra rare!

i for one enjoy looking at the blue sky, not seeing a single aircraft trail. This is ultra rare!

Yeah I noticed this when I went to work at 7am this morning. Not a single cloud or vapour trail in the sky at all! Was beautiful.

Sucks for Mr. Placid.

Great for my mate Duncan who is "stuck" in Australia following a conference. :spiteful:

Guest placidburp

That's some fucked up shit, placidburp.

Have you had contact with the bookers from once upon a festival yet?

When are you recording your set?

My mate who I was going to be staying with spoke to the act support lady, they are disappointed. It seems like Oxynucid will be on in place of me, which is brilliant, I hear his set was amazing and too good for the smaller tent he played yesterday. And not only that, he is a brilliant guy!

I just can't help feel I am missing out on something very special which would have been great for my "music career"!

I was going to record my set earlier on, but fell asleep. I have a one hour special on www.ribstep.com tonight though, so that will do for now! I hear its going to be a banging show!

this is why when you play in Europe don't go by plane.

1. pollution for a 45 minute plane journey

2. broken gear

3. hasstle

train or boat is where its always been at.

im playing belgium in 3 weeks. im going by eurostar.

Guest 277: 930-933

In over 5 years of artist handling/production/stage management I've never had anyone come by boat or train, only exception being bands that travel with a nightliner and bring their own backline.

Guest placidburp

this is why when you play in Europe don't go by plane.

1. pollution for a 45 minute plane journey

2. broken gear

3. hasstle

train or boat is where its always been at.

im playing belgium in 3 weeks. im going by eurostar.

I had no choice! I was at my best mates wedding last night or I would have been to the whole thing and travelled with some mates on the Eurostar days ago.

It would have cost me loads more to get to the Eurostar from where I live though and would have meant many more hours travelling as well on a limited time scale.

You are a better man than many if you could have predicted something like a fucking volcano grinding air traffic to a halt!

But I really hope you enjoy your gig, Chris! Hope there are no problems with your mode of transport!

I heard this knocked out a lot of potential Coachella-goers too. Really opens your eyes to how fragile our society is, Mother Nature's a bad, bad mama.

I thought i felt a disturbance... as if millions of people on their way to coachella cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Guest placidburp

Bike is not an option?

Ha! and No! I have looked into all possibly options. But all the Trains and Ferrys and shit are all booked up due to this shit. It would have cost me a fucking fortune too!

do a 'john cleese'

Jesus! If only! haha.

Maaaaaaaan, I should be on stage now... :(

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

my weekend got ruined too :(

hope you get a second chance to play there brrrrp

Archived