IGNORED

Gingers do have souls? [NSFW]

chassis

Wow. Intense.

The mine scene kinda annoyed me though because the explosions looked so fake. Mines and flames have nothing to do with each other. And at one point a mine explodes and you see a kid running through the explosion as if it's nothing. Maybe I'm just being anal about it but it really bothered me. Great video though.

i was thinking the exact same thing. i was like, "are these mines or flares?"

the premise was good though. shows how oppression of people just because of religion/skin color/other pointless traits is ridiculous.

Wait I though yer man in the jeep was launching grenades at them?

I don't know? There was a sign on the gate that said "Mines" though. But still, if they were throwing grenades at them there still wouldn't be huge fire balls.

But still -

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Intense.

The mine scene kinda annoyed me though because the explosions looked so fake. Mines and flames have nothing to do with each other. And at one point a mine explodes and you see a kid running through the explosion as if it's nothing. Maybe I'm just being anal about it but it really bothered me. Great video though.

the premise was good though. shows how oppression of people just because of religion/skin color/other pointless traits is ridiculous.

I don't know? There was a sign on the gate that said "Mines" though. But still, if they were throwing grenades at them there still wouldn't be huge fire balls.

But still -

Yeah it looks awesome but makes little sense. And I thought she was supposed to be familiar with war and violence...oh well, I guess she simplified and stylized that like every other thing she lays her hands on.

m.i.a isn't great, but i'd rather listen to her music than flo-rida and ke$ha, so i like her in a "pop context".

I rather listen to a ton of shit over flo-rida and ke$ha, but yeah I can agree to that. The beats are good, it's the hype I can't stand.

I really hate this chick. It's her voice, combined with the fact that she will never be anything more than the person who makes her beats. Plus, my last girlfriend (who looks a little like her) played her the fuck out, and that bitch was crazy.
LOL

It's really a Switch/Diplo project with her talking/rapping/toasting or whatever. I don't think she's made her own songs since since Ardular and the demos before that.

yeah i lost my taste for black chicks after her.

Hahahaha. That just amplified LOL factor of your previous comment.

Terrible joke, but there is some truth to that. Yes she was that crazy. I had the fever for a long time though. Pam Greer started it for me. I imagine it will come back once MIA-bater is purged from my memory a bit.

there was this interview with her a while back on pitchfork where she talked about how much it pisses her off that people assume that she's not involved in the production of her tracks and that it's all diplo or some other male guy.

there was this interview with her a while back on pitchfork where she talked about how much it pisses her off that people assume that she's not involved in the production of her tracks and that it's all diplo or some other male guy.

I read that too, but I think she's involved more as the person saying "I like this" or "Turn this up;" I'm skeptical of her actually producing most of those beats from scratch. I know for sure she wrote and produced "Galang" on a MC-505, and that's it. "Bucky Done Gone," her other major demo song, was an existing baile funk song she rapped over. More than half of Arular is produced by Diplo and others. On discogs, Switch is credited to producing every track on Kala, or is listed as the additional producer or mixer if Diplo or someone else produced it. If she made the tracks herself, why isn't he just credited as the enginneer in the linear notes?

She just gets pissy if anyone raises an eyebrow at her artistry, because most of the music press doesn't. The only interviewer I've seen actually ask serious questions about her political beliefs was Bill Maher, and she sounded like a complete idiot. He actually began poking fun of her a bit because of her exaggerations and inconsistent claims about the civil war in Sri Lanka.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm_HCIj9Njs

Wow. Intense.

But still -

You guise never seen Band of Brothers? Check that scene where Speirs jumps over an explosion like that video clip, I thought it was a direct reference.

Foward to 1:31

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYSbC3uUF0k&feature=related

Guest Glass Plate

"It was a royal mess of all our good buds- Switch, John Hill, and Diplo plus Iggor Cavalera (1/2 Mixhell, ex-Sepultura)! All those dudes in a room, a generous sample of Suicide, sick sick drumming from Iggor (and here's another tidbit for u - it was recorded on POPO's shitty ass drumset at the mausoleum!) --- and you got it."

so glad that it took 4 people to make that song.

"It was a royal mess of all our good buds- Switch, John Hill, and Diplo plus Iggor Cavalera (1/2 Mixhell, ex-Sepultura)! All those dudes in a room, a generous sample of Suicide, sick sick drumming from Iggor (and here's another tidbit for u - it was recorded on POPO's shitty ass drumset at the mausoleum!) --- and you got it."

so glad that it took 4 people to make that song.

Ha, reminds when they mentioned on SNL that J-Lo's song "Jenny From The Block" had nine writers credited.

Guest Greg Reason

Arular was fuckin awesome. Didn't think much of Kala but Arular owned. 'Pull Up the People', 'Hombre' and 'Fire Fire' are outright winners.

Archived