IGNORED

Starcraft 2 to be released

Guest JW Modestburns

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap that's awesome. Classic FF7 battle music, love it. It blows my mind what you can do with the creation aspect of SC2. I'll probably end up putting more time into playing peoples mods than I will playing the campaign and multiplayer combined.

i couldn´t resist the hype and bought it. it looks like i´m too stupid, too slow and too old for these kind of games. most of the time i stare at the screen, have no idea what to do next and watch my army get owned. frustrating.

To get good at Starcraft 2, you basically have to play it like it's a job. You have to watch all your replays, read all the strategies that people develop, watch tons of youtube videos, invest large amounts of time into the game, play it every day for the next 6 months etc. and then MAYBE you'll be just 'okay'. I kind of regret buying it as well, it's not quite my idea of fun. I already find it hilarious how people online are now investing their own self-worth into the fact that they are in diamond or platinum league, like it's actually important or means something.

you really dont have to spend that much time... for starters you get to know your build orders, and learn what to use against what.. you dont have to play it too much to get fast/good... i play like 2 hours a day max and im platinum rank 10... it really doesnt take that much effort to get good

• 1 month later...

just finished the campaign, probably the most satisfying game ive played since hl2

great and epic story line, the cinematics were pretty top notch and most importantly i enjoyed the fuck out of it

now i just need to go and buy the game legit so i can play online or use the AI create a battle thingy

well worth it

just finished the campaign, probably the most satisfying game ive played since hl2

great and epic story line, the cinematics were pretty top notch and most importantly i enjoyed the fuck out of it

now i just need to go and buy the game legit so i can play online or use the AI create a battle thingy

well worth it

I finished it three times, on a break now (playing via battlenet though)

Still haven't finished the campaign on normal, and everybody keeps telling me I should finish it on hard to stand a chance online. :P

Thats exactly what i thought when i started the campaign. I was all "gonna play all of this on hard so i'll be prepared" then got the the great train robbery and said fuck it, i'd rather finish the campaign so i can start playing multiplayer with a modicum of confidence (not to mention the achievments only unlockable at normal difficulty).

The circumstances of the campaign are soooo much different than multiplayer that you'd do better to prepare yourself just by playing AI skrims and watch some replay commentaries. Campaign just doesnt teach you the fundamentals of multiplayer so much as it shows you the "correct" way to use the terran units (not much good at all if you end up playing zerg/protoss)

been playing this bad boy a ton lately, my handle is modestburns if anyone wants to get a game going.

whats your character code?

Right. What's both of yours so I can add ya?

I feel kind of bad, but I forgot who LATAN is on WATMM. :< Oh yeah, Gordo.

I have him, Maximus Mischief, and Karmakramer on SC2.

Still haven't finished the campaign on normal, and everybody keeps telling me I should finish it on hard to stand a chance online. :P

Thats exactly what i thought when i started the campaign. I was all "gonna play all of this on hard so i'll be prepared" then got the the great train robbery and said fuck it, i'd rather finish the campaign so i can start playing multiplayer with a modicum of confidence (not to mention the achievments only unlockable at normal difficulty).

The circumstances of the campaign are soooo much different than multiplayer that you'd do better to prepare yourself just by playing AI skrims and watch some replay commentaries. Campaign just doesnt teach you the fundamentals of multiplayer so much as it shows you the "correct" way to use the terran units (not much good at all if you end up playing zerg/protoss)

The one player challenges really help micro a lot though. Not achievements from the campaign, but the challenge things. Psionic Defense is pretty damn hard though. That shit was totally worth the Specter portrait though.

Archived