IGNORED

conan with idm beard on 60 minutes

producer snafu

Guest hahathhat

this is all a big media pissing match to determine public opinion about conan o'brien

Guest theSun

i'd like to experience his $35mln firing bonus

yeah no shit. how can you possibly need any more money than $35 million? sounds like retirement to me.

Guest hahathhat

Think I'll take 35 mln for a good assrape.

you'd take a good assrape for air miles

i love conan. the reason we would feel for him is because it's clear that he is like many of us in his personality. he is kind, seems to love what he does, i don't know. he just seems like an all around great guy compared to a lot of the other people in entertainment.

Guest Adjective

The man was fired. A lot of people have experienced that. Get over it.

You're right, but I do still sympathize with him. I think getting the Tonight Show was a pretty big deal for him, and probably one of his dreams. Johnny Carson had a pretty big impact on the american comedy world, so i'm sure it was a huge event for conan personally. Not only did he take the reigns from letterman after he got passed up for the tonight show and left the nbc, but later conan saved the Tonight Show from Leno's neverending facepalm. I'm sure he thought he was nearing the pinnacle of his showbiz career, then splat.

But then, unlike most people that get fired, he could never work again and still be a millionaire.

I don't think I'll ever feel sorry for a guy with a hot wife and a 35 mill severance pay, but it's just so obvious that he NEEDS to do what he does, or at least be treated with respect when getting thrown out the door for "business" reasons

Guest blicero

Imagine spending your entire life aspiring to do one thing in this world. You've felt your entire life that it was your calling, and always knew in the back of your mind that you would someday do it.

THEN you finally get there!!!! Your life's work and dreams are finally being realized, until 6 months later, it's all taken away, and it's gone forever.

I think this must feel like one of those amazing wonderful dreams that convinces you that it's real, so much so that you still believe it even for a few seconds after you wake up. Then you realize it was only a dream and get really depressed.

But this was not a dream. It was real, and now it is over.

That's rough, man.

But also, $35,000,000.

I like Conan and all, but come on. I'm sure he's massively disappointed, but $35,000,000.

I got laid off from my first big career job 6 months in, too (really), and now I'm basically struggling to pay off school loans & not file for BK, and just the act of getting laid off so early in my career means I'm pretty much going to be getting shit for jobs for a long time.

$35,000,000.

Of course there is.

There's also more to life than hosting the fucking Tonight Show, and I think having $35,000,000, tons of goodwill, and another show in the works isn't really all that bad of a consolation prize.

Guest theSun

you guys realize there's more to life than smokin hot babes and huge wads of cash right?

yes, and you can buy all of it with $35 mil

Of course there is.

There's also more to life than hosting the fucking Tonight Show, and I think having $35,000,000, tons of goodwill, and another show in the works isn't really all that bad of a consolation prize.

depends. It's obviously entirely subjective how good of a consolation prize that is. It's pretty childish and petty to refuse to empathize with someone because theyre more successful than you can ever be.

Archived