IGNORED

Why is the United States so fucking Fat.

Boxing Day

Although Europe is not often thought of as the sugar capital of the world, it surprisingly ranks in the top two in every category surveyed. The EU produces 30,555 TMT of sugar annually, almost twice that of India, the second largest producer. The EU also consumes 24,427 TMT of sugar annually, over 10,000 TMT more than India, the second largest consumer. The EU comes in as the second largest sugar importer in the world, importing a total of 4,013 TMT of sugar. In the export arena, the EU once again dominates with 10,149 TMT exported per year. When we look at all of these numbers we see that the EU is the dominating sugar area of the world.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest theSun

When I moved to America I got fat. Luckily I lost some weight in high school. Growth spurt helped.

But to be fair, there just isn't enough health and diet education, and for the longest time, people didn't know what they were eating. The FDA is poisoning us.

it's a lack of edumacation and very aggressive ad campaigns by junk food companies. think about it. when's the last time you've seen a commercial for anything healthy that isn't specifically a "diet" food?

When I moved to America I got fat. Luckily I lost some weight in high school. Growth spurt helped.

But to be fair, there just isn't enough health and diet education, and for the longest time, people didn't know what they were eating. The FDA is poisoning us.

it's a lack of edumacation and very aggressive ad campaigns by junk food companies. think about it. when's the last time you've seen a commercial for anything healthy that isn't specifically a "diet" food?

Exactly. Plus in just about all grocery stores, you have to hunt for the healthy stuff. The average person doesn't even know it's there. Why aren't the healthy products mixed in with all the unhealthy products, so consumers can make an informed decision when they are browsing? I think that's a big problem.

Although Europe is not often thought of as the sugar capital of the world, it surprisingly ranks in the top two in every category surveyed. The EU produces 30,555 TMT of sugar annually, almost twice that of India, the second largest producer. The EU also consumes 24,427 TMT of sugar annually, over 10,000 TMT more than India, the second largest consumer. The EU comes in as the second largest sugar importer in the world, importing a total of 4,013 TMT of sugar. In the export arena, the EU once again dominates with 10,149 TMT exported per year. When we look at all of these numbers we see that the EU is the dominating sugar area of the world.

It's not just about sugar. It's high-fructose corn syrup and shit.

at my new job they bring in breakfast on fridays, usually it's breakfast egg burritos topped with more egg and maybe a slice or two of cheese. since they have started a weight loss initiative here, some genius decided on donuts today.

me - "what's to eat?'

them - "donuts."

me - "is there anything healthy?"

them - "well, there's sausage down there"

yeah, like putting a breakfast cock in my mouth is really gonna make things better.

Guest ruiagnelo

Everyone loves a bit of fast food but every day? That shit gonna do you bad.

Best food ever is Mediterranean - can't beat fresh fish caught that day, the best tomatoes you've ever eaten and lashings of olive oil. OH yeah.

You nailed it now :aphexsign:

at my new job they bring in breakfast on fridays, usually it's breakfast egg burritos topped with more egg and maybe a slice or two of cheese. since they have started a weight loss initiative here, some genius decided on donuts today.

me - "what's to eat?'

them - "donuts."

me - "is there anything healthy?"

them - "well, there's sausage down there"

yeah, like putting a breakfast cock in my mouth is really gonna make things better.

better than eating nothing

Eating shitty food every once and a while is not going to hurt you.

Guest ruiagnelo

not portugese mediterranean though :whistling:

I am sure you don't know anything about portuguese food, but you really don't need to, because it doesn't include burgers. I feel you americans need to start learning something so today i will contribute to your knowledge: Portugal is a mediterranean country. In it's own way.

Guest ruiagnelo

Yeah, but a 90% pork-based diet isn't exactly the paragon of healthy living, amirite?

Which diet are you referring to?

"Portygul."

Mostly kidding, though; I know how much seafood you guys consume. But there's a lot of seriously rich porky stuff, too. Not that there's anything wrong with that (unless you keep kosher, lol).

Carne_de_porco_%C3%A0_Alentejana.jpg

"Portygul."

Mostly kidding, though; I know how much seafood you guys consume. But there's a lot of seriously rich porky stuff, too. Not that there's anything wrong with that (unless you keep kosher, lol).

That's one of my favorites, it's a really good mix of flavors.

Guest ruiagnelo

"Portygul."

We call it "Carne de porco à alentejana". One of our best.

It's true that we have a lot of pork recipes but we also consume plenty of cow meat and mostly fish, as we have a strong connection to the ocean and fishing. It's really a diverse diet, believe me :)

I am sure you don't know anything about portuguese food, but you really don't need to, because it doesn't include burgers. I feel you americans need to start learning something so today i will contribute to your knowledge: Portugal is a mediterranean country. In it's own way.

its

Guest ruiagnelo

its

Whatever :facepalm:

Guest sirch

"Portygul."

We call it "Carne de porco à alentejana". One of our best.

It's true that we have a lot of pork recipes but we also consume plenty of cow meat and mostly fish, as we have a strong connection to the ocean and fishing. It's really a diverse diet, believe me :)

That looks lush mate! Portugal is a lovely place, i liked it a lot when i've been there. apart from getting really badly sunburnt one time!

Archived