IGNORED

Plaid Summer Mix + OS Mix

Guest cjf713

Guest cjf713

About 3 or 4 years ago(maybe more) there was a section on www.warprecords.com on one of the links at the bottom of the page that took you to an audio/music section. I beleive the link was called 'music'. On the music page there was a number of remixes,mixes that could be streamed using real player, etc. Along with the very rare and ebay over priced(good thing for torrents:) Autechre 'Radio'Mix Promo there were a number of different mixes and inspirational track listings from a number of warp artists. I also remember Richard Devine having a mix on there that included Darker than Blue by Curtis Mayfield and Summer Madness by Kool G and the Gang. All of them were great! But the best ones I thought were two mixes by Plaid. One was titled "Summer Mix", and the second one was called "OS mix".

One day I got back on the warp site to listen to the plaid mixes only to find that warp had removed the Audio page entirely from the website. One of warps coders(TDR) whose design I think still stands out among the plethora of cookie cut mainstream graphic and web design, forgot to delete a few lines of code and the Audio page was still accesible by going into > Autechre > Discog > then clicking on a hyperlink to the Radio streaming!! Like an idiot I brought this to warp's attention emailing them and asking them for a .txt or .doc track listing of the artists in the plaid mix and the "shortcut" was quickly removed.

I emailed warp.com and plaid's website address countless times asking times asking for a artist tracklisting of the PLAID mixes but not one EVER responded.

So my question to the dedicated artists, fans, and activists of this community is: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PLAID MIXES????!!!

More importantly can I at least get a tracklisting? Some of the songs off the Summer Mix are to this day my favorite and I have no idea who they are!!?? I cannot even pay these artists the proper respect they deserve!!

Guest ruiagnelo

About 3 or 4 years ago(maybe more) there was a section on www.warprecords.com on one of the links at the bottom of the page that took you to an audio/music section. I beleive the link was called 'music'. On the music page there was a number of remixes,mixes that could be streamed using real player, etc. Along with the very rare and ebay over priced(good thing for torrents:) Autechre 'Radio'Mix Promo there were a number of different mixes and inspirational track listings from a number of warp artists. I also remember Richard Devine having a mix on there that included Darker than Blue by Curtis Mayfield and Summer Madness by Kool G and the Gang. All of them were great! But the best ones I thought were two mixes by Plaid. One was titled "Summer Mix", and the second one was called "OS mix".

One day I got back on the warp site to listen to the plaid mixes only to find that warp had removed the Audio page entirely from the website. One of warps coders(TDR) whose design I think still stands out among the plethora of cookie cut mainstream graphic and web design, forgot to delete a few lines of code and the Audio page was still accesible by going into > Autechre > Discog > then clicking on a hyperlink to the Radio streaming!! Like an idiot I brought this to warp's attention emailing them and asking them for a .txt or .doc track listing of the artists in the plaid mix and the "shortcut" was quickly removed.

I emailed warp.com and plaid's website address countless times asking times asking for a artist tracklisting of the PLAID mixes but not one EVER responded.

So my question to the dedicated artists, fans, and activists of this community is: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PLAID MIXES????!!!

More importantly can I at least get a tracklisting? Some of the songs off the Summer Mix are to this day my favorite and I have no idea who they are!!?? I cannot even pay these artists the proper respect they deserve!!

You can still grab them on p2p like soulseek, but i remember getting the summer mix on a website that had all sorts of mixes, from B12 or Autechre to house mixes and some rare stuff. I don't remember the name tho :(

Guest sirch

i think i remember the midsummer mix had a tracklisting with it, but it was on the trainer micro site.... along with a short interview with Plaid, and a bit of back story of their musical history..

their OS mix never had any tracklisting info with it tho. nor did the Tork Radio shows, at least not to my knowledge.

but yeah, like Ruiagnelo says, you can still get them.... Soulseek is probably your best bet i'd say. also try google trainer microsite.

Didn't one of the Tork Radio shows start with Debussy and Satie.. remember those Ar-Plaid radio shows we were talking about that i wanted info on? I think one of them (if not both) were Tork Radio shows... but, i might be completely wrong.

Guest sirch

Tork Radio part 1 started off with a sample that sounded something like "all you hipsters (or hippers?), we want your money, come with your money..." LOL, or something like that.. then the xmas tree sample i mentioned before.... then some piano came in, for a long time.

i remember cos i used to listen to those sets a lot at one time, but i'm not sure if it was Debussy at the beginning or not??

i never looked into the tracklisting. i always prefered the 2nd part myself, cos it had more detroity and intelli techno tracks in it, mixed with odd vocal samples and weirdness. i think i have both parts in WAV, somewhere....... and MP3, and a dodgy minidisc recording too :)

Tork Radio part 1 started off with a sample that sounded something like "all you hipsters (or hippers?), we want your money, come with your money..." LOL, or something like that.. then the xmas tree sample i mentioned before.... then some piano came in, for a long time.

i remember cos i used to listen to those sets a lot at one time, but i'm not sure if it was Debussy at the beginning or not??

i never looked into the tracklisting. i always prefered the 2nd part myself, cos it had more detroity and intelli techno tracks in it, mixed with odd vocal samples and weirdness. i think i have both parts in WAV, somewhere....... and MP3, and a dodgy minidisc recording too :)

Thanks sirch, has to be the same show mate.. been such a long time since i've heard it. Never saw a play list either, but, if it's the same show the long piano part is Satie's "Pieces Froides - Trois Danses De Travers" which lasts about 6/7minutes.. j'adore la French classiques :) Anychance of grabbing a copy of the WAV or MP3?

Guest sirch

yeah i'll try sort that out over the weekend mate, no problem......... they are really really really good mixes. not for their mixing technique or technical skillery, but just for the lovely choice of tunes :)

Guest sirch

Thanks sirch, has to be the same show mate.. been such a long time since i've heard it. Never saw a play list either, but, if it's the same show the long piano part is Satie's "Pieces Froides - Trois Danses De Travers" which lasts about 6/7minutes.. j'adore la French classiques :) Anychance of grabbing a copy of the WAV or MP3?

mag i can't be fucked with megaupload.. PM your email address... let's do it old skhool. :)

"i can't bear this room any longer, i will not get into that bed, for once in my life it bores me"

listening to now..

Guest sirch

Hydroponic Sound Machiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol :DDDD

mag i can't be fucked with megaupload.. PM your email address... let's do it old skhool. :)

"i can't bear this room any longer, i will not get into that bed, for once in my life it bores me"

listening to now..

yeah, i'm the same, i can never be arsed with upload sites either.. PM(ing) now... old skool stylee :)

thanks mate.

Guest sirch

i just couldn't work it out at the time (was a late night). gave up after a few minutes lol

knew a yousendit-type-thing would be easier, for me.. :)

anyone else who wants the Tork shows let me know.. it's no problem. cheers

i just couldn't work it out at the time (was a late night). gave up after a few minutes lol

knew a yousendit-type-thing would be easier, for me.. :)

anyone else who wants the Tork shows let me know.. it's no problem. cheers

All good mate! grabbed the files last night!! Excellent mixes from plaid, every bit as good as when i first heard the mixes. I got the order of the classical pieces the wrong way, after the intro it's Saties piano track then Debussy's beautiful harp piece "Danse Sacree". Mix 2 is tops, packed full of techno gems. Would love to know the name of the track that coming in at the 52 minute mark... sounds like a old unreleased Plaid/Black Dog/Mark Broom track.. i'm probably wrong though... thanks again mate!!!

Guest sirch

nae worries dude. you're very welcome. glad you got em alrite. and also glad that they are actually the mixes you were on about before! :)

they do still sound good, eh... even tho the quality's a bit poor. still classic sets, imho. takes me back 10yr, in a good way :)

i think i know the track you're talking about, but will have to check to be sure...... but if i'm thinking of the right one, yeah definitely sounds very Plaid/Mark Broom era typa-thing. is it the one that starts off with that vocal sample they used on Restproof?? something about the mission and the dispath and the great big. ? lol

Ahh sweeet mate, they are the same shows we were talking about before! As soon as you mentioned Tork Radio a bell rang and i remembered :) Yeah the quality isn't the best but it doesn't matter. Like you said before, it's the excellent selection of tunes and the over all mood of the mixes that's the main thing. There's no vocal sample from Restproof at the start of the track i was talking about. The more i listen to it though the more i'm convinced it's an early Plaid/Mark Broom track from the GPR days. I've got all those records and this one fits right in with that sound. Would be great if anyone could confirm?

Guest ruiagnelo

gonna listen again tonight and confirm the 52 min mark.. or not.. but if possible.. will confirm :D

Mate, can you upload the mix please? or give me a link if its already upped? Thanks

Guest sirch

gonna listen again tonight and confirm the 52 min mark.. or not.. but if possible.. will confirm :D

Mate, can you upload the mix please? or give me a link if its already upped? Thanks

yeah dude i'll get them to you.. soz for not getting back to you sooner. been well slack lately, what with the heat and the drinks and the footy

Archived