IGNORED

The Black Dog

chassis

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ruiagnelo

thought i could leave this here, in case you guys didn't know:

http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/video-archive/lectures/ed_handley__dancegate_crasher

Ed explains the process of creating a track, and makes it look/sound so easy.

not really TBD entirely related, but come one, it's Balil we are talking about

no, that's Ed from Plaid. lol

are you serious mate?

of course i know its Ed

Guest ruiagnelo

seems like we might get a higher quality version of 'Department of Dogma', aka Toronto's show recorded on tape:

I love this, constantly listening to this. One problem is the download from Soundcloud is in 128kbps. Is there any way to get it in higher quality? I know it was originally on tape but Id love to know either way.

Last time we did that someone bootlegged it and a few others made covers and sold them ebay :(

We may do something with this later on but right now we are locked done in the studio Chas, glad you enjoyed tho, Ken did a great job on it.

http://www.theblackdogma.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=445

Guest ruiagnelo

Does anybody know who Echo Mike is??

He is credited for the interludes in Bytes.

dunno.

but they sure are sweet little pieces

Guest Greg Reason

I've been listening to plenty of tBd of all eras and I still prefer the current incarnation.

There is some fantastic stuff on the early records for sure but it sounds well dated in much the same way as Incunabula and Amber do. Some dorky sounds and naff synth patches, but the material is mostly excellent.

The newer stuff I find less anchored to a particular moment in time and also with an underpinning of melancholy, which I always like a lot.

Guest ruiagnelo

I've been listening to plenty of tBd of all eras and I still prefer the current incarnation.

There is some fantastic stuff on the early records for sure but it sounds well dated in much the same way as Incunabula and Amber do. Some dorky sounds and naff synth patches, but the material is mostly excellent.

The newer stuff I find less anchored to a particular moment in time and also with an underpinning of melancholy, which I always like a lot.

how could you possibly have such a perspective on this?

name one group that was doing the same thing as the dog was doing in their time and then think of how many groups are doing the same, if not exactly the same, the current dog is doing.

early black dog is uplifting, genuine and different from everything else

Guest Babaluma

I'm also a huge fan of the new and the old dog. Been listening since '91, and on the forum for the last 12 years. Does there have to be a problem with liking all of it? "Bytes" is probably my favourite album. I've never heard any Plaid (as in Ed and Andy AFTER they left TBD). Is it any good? Where should I start?

I'm also a huge fan of the new and the old dog. Been listening since '91, and on the forum for the last 12 years. Does there have to be a problem with liking all of it? "Bytes" is probably my favourite album. I've never heard any Plaid (as in Ed and Andy AFTER they left TBD). Is it any good? Where should I start?

Good god man yes. Start with Not for Threes and work your way forward chronologically... and don't forget the Trainer compilation of Plaid tracks from the TBD era...

Guest ruiagnelo

i wonder what their current projects and ideas are.

maybe the newest free EP can give some impressions. got to listen to it soon

never listenened to these guys - recommendations?

Read the thread. Theres absolutely loads of recommendations based on whether you want to listen to early tBD or late. Ive posted like 3 recommendations.

tldr; recommendations?

I highly recommend that you go fuck yourself you dick.

Well Boxing Day, you've come to the right place. I'll begin shall I.

Radio Scarecrow:

Silenced:

Music for Adverts (and Short Films):

this is actually a live version but how and ever

Tripside Syndicate:

Absolutely beautiful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRcQz_os3d8

I can recommend more later.

Thats why I asked :cisfor:

which albums should i get?

Well depends what your after. An early Black Dog album? Id recommend Bytes.

For later Black Dog, Id say Radio Scarecrow.

Guest ruiagnelo

listening to the newest 'subject to delays EP' and not impressed.

but this reminds me that its been a long time since i don't listen to Radio Scarecrow and Further Vexations, two great records.

Archived