IGNORED

What do you like about electronic music?

Guest FortyTwo

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoy that there aren't any lyrics because I hate all singing/vocals in rock and pop music, I like the textures and sounds, it feels like an infinite possibilities where anything is possible whenever I listen to electronic music

Guest ruiagnelo

I enjoy that there aren't any lyrics because I hate all singing/vocals in rock and pop music, I like the textures and sounds, it feels like an infinite possibilities where anything is possible whenever I listen to electronic music

I love electronic music, but i think the human voice holds way more possibilities than any machine. Machines are alwasy limited at some point. I believe so.

I love electronic music, but i think the human voice holds way more possibilities than any machine. Machines are alwasy limited at some point. I believe so.

I agree with both.

Electronic music is great because it say to hell with lyrics and does its own thing. Some people need lyrics to keep them interested in the music.

Having said that the human voice is incredible (female in particular). But words always suggest some sort of politics. I would prefer music with singing but the words not making any sense to me. That one of the reasons I love Sigur Ros, I dont give a fuck what anyone says.

I would prefer music with singing but the words not making any sense to me.

Same. I like wordless melodic type singing. The only music I can think of off hand where lyrics are part of the draw for me is Tom Waits.

it's more imaginative and open-ended than any other type of music. it tells alot about the creator without the creator saying a thing. every new track is a world in its own.

Guest AcrossCanyons

I don't think I care all that much whether it's electronic or not. It's just that a lot of the music that interests me happens to be electronic.

this.

also lazers and robots and the future and space and stuff are kwl

Guest Masonic Boom

Well, if you didn't listen to "electronic" music, really, what would that leave you with?

The ways in which electronic and digital and technological advances have permeated every aspect of music making are almost endless. So unless you want to listen to nothing but the purest of folk music (made without the demon electrickery!) you aren't left with much. (That said, I love a lot of folk music, but still. I couldn't listen to nothing else but.)

I went to see a couple of Rock Bands the other night and even though they were all thrashing around with acoustic drum kits and the like - all of them were using digital modelling amps and electronic FX pedals.

So it's kind of a meaningless question.

However, that said, my favourite sound in the world is WUBWUBWUBWUBWUB and it's probably most common within electronic music. In fact, it's fairly difficult to get that particularly sound without the use of them. (Well, I suppose you could kind of approximate the sound by pushing a rotating Leslie speaker accelerating down a hill, but otherwise, the point stands.)

the combination of rhythms and melodies with all the experimental shit and awesome sounds. but first of all, compared to normal people i'm just a weird sounds fetishist. some kind of structure helps to keep it interesting over time, but the sounds itself is what keeps the blood flowing.

Archived