IGNORED

The Walking Dead - AMC TV Series (spoilers everywhere)

Rubin Farr

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So series 4 is nearly upon us, and I still haven't watched ANY of series 3. Keep meaning to get the boxed set.

I only just realised that its been shown in the UK on channel 5 and they are on episode 16 now :facepalm:

Anyways, glad its not been axed yet. They did that with 4400 just as it was getting good.

i've been hoping since season 2 that they would send daryl, who around that point became my favorite character and who i think has developed the most and became possibly the most valuable member of the group by the end of season 3, off on his own. i think it would be cool if at least for one season they would kind of split it into two separate shows. the group dynamic forces them to play it safe, try to find shelter, a place to settle down etc. and that's just going to be hard to make exciting. there will obviously always have to be something that ruins wherever they settle down for them, some kind of conflict that forces them to move on, and that will get tired as shit. send daryl on his own so there can also be a 'lone wolf' scenario, and you can watch him go on adventures being a badass. trying to find if there is anything bigger out there worth finding and being a part of. that whole cliched thing. but it could be like two shows in one, jumping back and forth between his solo adventures and the group. i really got my hopes up in season 3 that that was what was going to happen with him and merle, but alas it did not pan out that way.

i think it would be cool if at least for one season they would kind of split it into two separate shows.

They're developing a companion series to Walking Dead with a different group to air in a year. They're gonna milk this concept for all the coin they can.

I really wanted to love this show, but it's terrible. I got fooled into tagging along for three seasons, but I won't be along for the ride this time. *maybe it will get better, maybe it will get better, it can't be this shit I bet they do something clever with it next episode, it has to get better, oooo this is not good at all* Fool me thrice and all that. It's just fucking dissappointment upon dissappointment since the pilot episode. The only good thing about this show is the zombie makeup, everything else is shite.

sorry.

think im out too, i clicked on that bad lip reading video and it brought nothing bad memories of annoying characters, bad acting and contrived, cliched storylines.

Edited by eugene

I never watched TV-series, except for X-files years back occassionally. When I started with The Walking Dead I loved it so much, I thought all 3 seasons were great, but because of this huge gap between shows I started watching Breaking Bad 2 weeks ago, and watched all 5 seasons pretty much in a row. Looking back to the Walking Dead suddenly it isn't that great anymore, actually, looking the trailer, I don't know if I can be arsed to pick it up again. I don't remember a thing that happened last season, except for the Lori ghost farce, which isn't that great of a memory.

regardless of what i said about daryl i agree with lots of the sentiment about the show being kind of shitty. there are tons of things to nitpick about the writing, even besides the long drawn out plots that really go nowhere. such as why they are never concerned about getting zombie juice in their gaping mouths or eyes when they stab one of those over-ripened walking bloodsacks in the face up close and personal. and if everyone is infected already anyway, how does being bit suddenly turn you into one? what, now you're double fucking infected? already being infected doesn't make you turn, zombie blood in your face doesn't, being bitten does. it's just whatever is convenient to the story with no logic. list goes on and on. i still like daryl and i still think it has its moments. especially when i'm tanked (piss drunk) while watching. i don't see a spin off being successful. i think they should just be more experimental with the original show.

also i think nitpicking the flaws with friends/family is part of the fun of this kind of show.

Edited by MisterE

really the show is just mindless entertainment. It's a show with zombies...people that were once alive, now dead, that for some reason need to eat the living.

really the show is just mindless entertainment.

And as long as I am still mindlessly entertained, I look forward to watching some more.

agreed. I don't have to dwell on bigger themes, hidden messages, putting pieces together to find a larger meaning. It's human sacrifice, zombies & humans... living together, MASS HYSTERIA!

Starting to see some lazy writing now, questions:

Why were there zombies on the roof? They weren't all on the helicopter

A stomach wound can take days to bleed out, not seconds

What's with Emo Daryl? Get a haircut and stop moping bitch!

yea kind of a weak start, but i think the point was now the virus is airborne? that dude who died at the end was infected somehow and looks like he contaminated the water?

I thought it was a good start to season 4, the roof scene was great. there seem to be a lot of mindless criticisms about it posted but as with any fictional show or film, you have to have a wee bit of suspension of disbelief.

yeah that makes sense that the virus is now airborne, but if they are all ready infected then why does it effect them? it would be cool to see some animal zombies as well but guess it's a species thing, would also be cool if some of the zombies evolved like into super zombies or something. also why did rick stop using his gun? look forward to nxt week......

think im out too, i clicked on that bad lip reading video and it brought nothing bad memories of annoying characters, bad acting and contrived, cliched storylines.

and i totally fucking watched the first episode :facepalm:

the part with the crazy lady was very good, though.

Guest RadarJammer

regardless of what i said about daryl i agree with lots of the sentiment about the show being kind of shitty. there are tons of things to nitpick about the writing, even besides the long drawn out plots that really go nowhere. such as why they are never concerned about getting zombie juice in their gaping mouths or eyes when they stab one of those over-ripened walking bloodsacks in the face up close and personal. and if everyone is infected already anyway, how does being bit suddenly turn you into one? what, now you're double fucking infected? already being infected doesn't make you turn, zombie blood in your face doesn't, being bitten does. it's just whatever is convenient to the story with no logic. list goes on and on. i still like daryl and i still think it has its moments. especially when i'm tanked (piss drunk) while watching. i don't see a spin off being successful. i think they should just be more experimental with the original show.

also i think nitpicking the flaws with friends/family is part of the fun of this kind of show.

if you get bit by something rotting that much without quick and good medical treatment you are gonna get dead from all sorts of blood infections and viruses and parasites and shit, you would probably get a fever and die pretty quick and then the real zombie stuff starts happening but that really doesn't explain why they aren't worried about the juices and shit, that really makes no sense at all

i might at some point in this season stop caring enough to download it on sunday evening like i usually do

Edited by RadarJammer

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

yea kind of a weak start, but i think the point was now the virus is airborne? that dude who died at the end was infected somehow and looks like he contaminated the water?

Nah they're all infected already - he turned without dying first. I don't know why I'm still watching this. They need to bring back the dude they left under the tree in season 1. He's gonna survive and be immune

Nah they're all infected already - he turned without dying first. I don't know why I'm still watching this. They need to bring back the dude they left under the tree in season 1. He's gonna survive and be immune

i thought he died in the shower, then turned

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

i thought he died in the shower, then turned

Of what though? He was really hot and feverish, didn't know what was going on and turned on the shower to cool himself off before collapsing. It's a new adaptation of the virus or something.

Say goodbye to Daryl. He shook that infected kids hand. No point to the scene other than setting that up.

You mean the kid who was cooking everyone's food! They are all fucked.