IGNORED

move of ten out of ten

amnesia

Guest VgqepetrahLcwg swr6

The way I see it, Move of Ten came out so soon after Oversteps, its just like sauce to dip your oversteps it.

lol, and what a delicious sauce it is.

The creamy sauce tastes better than the cheesy Oversteps.

Guest nsixqatsi

I'm really really very confused right now because this is the first time i've listened to Autechre and been off the bat just like, "fuck this."

i consider Autechre to be THE most important aesthetic influence to my life and i regard Sean and Rob to be nearly more than gods.

but this release is just not sitting with me. it's not even opening the door.

i liked y7 pretty well when i heard it. and was excited. but now hearing these tracks, i just don't know.

i haven't given a full listen yet, but i'm not even tempted to listen to these tracks all the way through. i'm stunned and baffled by my lack of interest.

I listen to a lot of autechre while i draw, so i'll be listening to this next time i draw something and i'll be able to really give a review but right now i am floored by how much i do not care about any of these tracks.

when i heard known(1) for the first time i practically came.

nth Daf is the only track really standing out for me at all, the flute kind of ruins it, but kind of doesn't at the same time...

Guest sirch

where can i get move of ten for free to listen to before i decide to buy it? any links at all? would be appreciated. cheers :)

Guest nsixqatsi

alright i've giving it a full listen to now.

I'm on nth Daf and this is definitely the strongest track for me. the flute is now a friend.

but my impression of this release so far is this.

Move Of Ten sounds to me like:

Say Sean and Rob got a hold of a new proto-type childlike Artificial-Intelligence robot and plugged it full of internal hardware so it could make any sounds just like Sean/Rob. Essentially this AI was their child, and they all loved each other very much.(lol) Alright, now imagine Sean and Rob were suddenly killed in some accident and at the same time the AI Robot somehow like fell down a well or something.

This release feels to me like tunes this small robot would come up with over time to "hum" to itself in mourning of Sean and Rob's deaths while all alone in a small dark space never to be found.

i'm in the middle of no border now and it's being much nicer.

lol ok M62 is nicer now too

i guess i'm really just not into the first three tracks yet and rew(1) doesn't really kick in for me until the last third or so of it.

i think this is a release i might mostly listen to when i'm in kind of a shitty mood. which is a nice thing to have actually.

PHEWWW!!! for a minute there my whole world was turned upside-down because i had to weigh the possibility that Sean and Rob could actually disappoint me! Good thing i thought my way out of that one!

M62 is rulin' right now

Guest nsixqatsi

fuck, now i'm listening to Etchagon again and loving it!

i must be turning into a girl or something. not enough sleep.

Guest victorian sewer rituals

I was already orgasming like a nun when that dripping-digital-ice(super nintendo start game sound) thing happened at the beginning of etchogon-s.

Listen to ae LOUD. You have to.

Guest sirch

PHEWWW!!! for a minute there my whole world was turned upside-down because i had to weigh the possibility that Sean and Rob could actually disappoint me! Good thing i thought my way out of that one!

LOL!

jesus christ.. i give up on the human race i really do, lol

I'm really really very confused right now because this is the first time i've listened to Autechre and been off the bat just like, "fuck this."

i consider Autechre to be THE most important aesthetic influence to my life and i regard Sean and Rob to be nearly more than gods.

welcome to my world circa 2005, around the time of Draft 7.30 i definitely had some autechre/diety like experiences, haven't had one since then (sober) i took K once while listening to quaristice which i consider cheating a little bit. It's always better to let autechre 'click' for you while not intoxicated imo

there are 2 tracks lately (one on Quaristice bonus CD and one on Move)that sound like Depeche Mode B sides circa Black Celebration...I dont want that from Autechre.

Gave it a listen and I really liked it. The first half of the album had some pretty stand-out tracks that I enjoyed. The second half, however (minus iris was a pupil), was average at best and felt like filler. Overall it evoked the same response from me as Oversteps, which was all right but not their top-tier works.

Is it me, or does Etchogon-S have annoying clicks in it in the drum hits or their slap-back echoes? I thought it was just because I was listening on headphones that they were noticeable, but I've been playing it on speakers and I can still hear them. It's annoying - that first track is otherwise amazing.

Archived