IGNORED

The Books - The Way Out

Guest futuregirlfriend

Guest analogue wings

saw them live in feb and it was awesome dawesome. they totally do things their own way

I'll always love The Books. They played "A Cold Freezin' Night" as part of their Columbus concert back in like September. So excited for the new album!

Shit, I've been waiting for a new release from them forever, didn't even know this was coming. :sorcerer:

Guest TimeGhost

Blown away by this so far. Can't wait to buy it.

Does anyone else hear a bit of a Mea Culpa thing (Bush of Ghosts) in 'I Am Who I Am'?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nene multiple assgasms

just listened to this for the first time. the bass lines are outta control on this record. the books have yet to release a less than fantastic album.

Guest green hausen

I saw the video for "a cold freezin' night" on the television just now. Caught me off guard. Wild.

Best album of 2010 so far.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't quite gotten into anything I've heard by the books. None of it has been bad, it just hasn't struck me as really enjoyable.

(I haven't heard the new one)

yeah, i feel this. it seems like something that would be right down my alley but it kinda falls flat for me.

eno mentioned how inspiring they are to him (in some SOS interview) and i gave one of their albums a good listen and i was like "oh. uh, ok."

Yeah, pretty much. I have heard Thought For Food and Lost and Safe, both got pretty much the same reaction from me. Perhaps more time invested would make things better. The EP with Prefuse 73 was a bit more enjoyable to me, but also not that memorable.

Archived