IGNORED

Juke Nukem - Jenk'em EP

bubbhasdance

One day, I was browsing 4chan like I always do late at night when I decided to go into the /mu/sic section of the site. There, I found the usual fighting over dad rock, glam, etc., nothing major...until this. A poster had dropped the name "Juke Nukem" onto a thread. Instantly drawn because it referred to the classic game series, I asked him what he meant by the name, and he explained that it was a collaboration he created with a longtime friend of his. We exchanged screen names and began to talk daily about their upcoming release, sending back files with comments, data, what have you. In my conversations with the producer,I began to see how this could be game-changing. So I waited.

Finally, after 2 months of mindless expectation, the album was complete. A 4-track EP, with influences from Chicago house, Detroit bass, Miami bass, San Francisco Bay rap, all over lush production and rough, laced beats. An unknown rapper hangs in tune with the beats, displaying expert flows no doubt taken from the golden years of hiphop, and made his own. I have never contacted the rapper in question, the producer says that he is quite the elusive man, and prefers to keep to himself. Not knowing who the rapper is makes this release even more exciting to me (LIKE BURIAL AND ZOMBY).

I know this is a long post, but I just had to share it with my WATMMers here, as I know guys (and girls) like you would appreciate an EP of this caliber. I've had this EP for about 1 hour and I have already played it about 15 times through. If you enjoy layered acid house bass beats and greased, multi-syllabic rhymes at all, grab this. :music:

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

this reminds me of my favorite jenkem trips dawg: filled with shitty pop ups, lol use something else to host this, downloading anyway and some day this shitty host will finish uploading this massive 13mb album

oh wait I thought I was in YLC and I was downloading your personally made EP, read the OP.. meh we will see

• 3 weeks later...

listen to the counterpoint at the end of violate, fucking brilliant. there's so much going in the background, wow

"i'm gonna stain my fuckin' underwear"

this is so painfully bad. i cant even pretend to like it. it goes past laughable all the way to the fucking waste-ridden abyss. good job making everyone listen to it though

Archived