IGNORED

Raising IDM kids.

cloudbreaker

Carl Sagan's Cosmos is what got me kicked off. Bill Nye and Newton's Apple didn't hurt, either.

zomg this, although I only really wanted a Newton and my longing went unrequited until obsolescence.

Are you confusing Newton's Apple with the Apple Newton?

Apple15.jpg

430px-Apple_Newton_MP100.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hah. Fuck yes I am. I'm trying to distract myself from some bullshit at work, and my brain is definitely not firing on all cylinders.

Which is especially bad because I fucking loved Newton's Apple on ze PBS and haven't thought of it for years. And it makes a whole lot more sense in context than Apple's Newton (the Kraftwerk for Ruckzuck's sake!).

Ah well.

Anyway, I had a neighbor with an Apple Newton around 1989 or so and it was like a little piece of Trek coming back in time, and I wanted to tear it apart and tweak it and turn it into everything it wasn't, and I guess it left a big impression on me, apparently to the point of dyslexia at the mention of an otherwise beloved childhood show.

:facepalm:

Actually, I guess the Newton was probably later, like 1993? I dunno. There was something before it then, but fucked if I can remember. That neighbor had some serious toys.

I'm going to shut up before I have to facepalm myself again, and get back to work. Argh.

!

Drunken thread for a larf turns into many replies!

Actually some fairly sound advice in here.

I don't think that I actually try to influence her tastes, but she was crooning about satan and money earlier tonight, so I must be doing something right.

Also, good on yous for not one pedobear emote turning up in this thread. :yeah:

also: topical

http://sickmode.org/scrap/robad_pills_-_oh_mai.mp3 <-- composed of samples of 8 week old daughter, toys, and breast pump, all of almost 4 years ago :X

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article505796.ece

sorry, i was hasty, it was a sheeps head, but gorgoroth did not throw!

lol, I used to work with that guy, I did when that happened. His face was all swollen, but he seemed very happy about it.

Guest iamabe

!

Drunken thread for a larf turns into many replies!

Actually some fairly sound advice in here.

I don't think that I actually try to influence her tastes, but she was crooning about satan and money earlier tonight, so I must be doing something right.

Also, good on yous for not one pedobear emote turning up in this thread. :yeah:

http://sickmode.org/scrap/robad_pills_-_oh_mai.mp3 <-- composed of samples of 8 week old daughter, toys, and breast pump, all of almost 4 years ago :X

haha, the breast pump. musique concrete needs more breast pump

Introducing children to IDM music can be interesting. I thought I'd play some tracks to my four and a half year old brother, this is what he said when I asked him "what kind of music is this?".

Caustic Window - Astroblaster: Angry

Autechre - 777: Sad

AFX - Custodian Discount: Angry-sad-happy

Boards of Canada - Sac: Shy

Aphex Twin - Goon Gumpas: Sleepy, really really sleepy.

Aphex Twin - Kesson dalef: Wakey, this is giving me a lot of energy, it's giving me too much energy!

AFX - W32.Deadcode.A: Boring

Aphex Twin - Penty Harmonium: Skating music

AFX - Flow Coma (AFX Mix): Scary

Aphex Twin - Fenix Funk 5: Sleepy

Autechre - Lentic Catachresis: Too loud.

Aphex Twin - Acrid Avid Jam Shred: Music about the Earth, it's about an Earth basketball thingy

AFX - Mangle (Cicuit Bent VIP Mix): Oh yes, really about showers. It's about showers. (later) Too loud! No more music.

my close friends have a little boy who grew up listening to electronic music - his dad is about as crazy for

all the same music's as i am - anyway - he just loves music time and he dances mental - the little guy has all these robotic

breakdance moves he's made up with his dad through the years - he's really getting good

it's about the cutest little thing to watch in the whole wide world :emb:

Nice! I appreciate your scientific approach to the issue :D

Perhaps I'll do a run like this... maybe even the same tracks, get an alternate opinion.

That said, I'm not sure she'll quite have the patience for it like a 4.5 y/o.

Introducing children to IDM music can be interesting. I thought I'd play some tracks to my four and a half year old brother, this is what he said when I asked him "what kind of music is this?".

Caustic Window - Astroblaster: Angry

Autechre - 777: Sad

AFX - Custodian Discount: Angry-sad-happy

Boards of Canada - Sac: Shy

Aphex Twin - Goon Gumpas: Sleepy, really really sleepy.

Aphex Twin - Kesson dalef: Wakey, this is giving me a lot of energy, it's giving me too much energy!

AFX - W32.Deadcode.A: Boring

Aphex Twin - Penty Harmonium: Skating music

AFX - Flow Coma (AFX Mix): Scary

Aphex Twin - Fenix Funk 5: Sleepy

Autechre - Lentic Catachresis: Too loud.

Aphex Twin - Acrid Avid Jam Shred: Music about the Earth, it's about an Earth basketball thingy

AFX - Mangle (Cicuit Bent VIP Mix): Oh yes, really about showers. It's about showers. (later) Too loud! No more music.

:music:

:D

My parent's record collection:

The Beatles

The Doors

Arlo Guthrie

Simon and Garfunkel

Jimi Hendrix

Woodstock soundtrack

Csny

I guess that was the IDM of it's era, right?

Archived