IGNORED

Raising IDM kids.

cloudbreaker

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad made me watch really cool educational programs about astro-physics, and he was into computers and telescopes and shit hardcore. That's basically why I'm into that kind of intellectual stuff. And he bought me and my brother a cheap keyboard to play around with. Also make your kids play old video games.

Guest Calx Sherbet

make sure Carl Sagan's Cosmos is one of the first programs they ever watch when they are of a somewhat cognitive age

Guest tysen

Live in Antarctica, take them on vacation to the Large Hadron Collider, have a pet immortal jellyfish, and have some girls and robots.

Live in Antarctica, take them on vacation to the Large Hadron Collider, have a pet immortal jellyfish, and have some girls and robots.

While maintaining a stellar neckbeard.

make sure Carl Sagan's Cosmos is one of the first programs they ever watch when they are of a somewhat cognitive age

this exactly.

I think of all of watmm as my children.

In the same way that Hitler thought of the German people as his children at the end of the war, and was adamant that they should be thrown onto the sacrificial bonfire of history as they had failed their racial test.

Guest hahathhat

my dad would often bring home junked electronics from work for me to take apart. every day i would ask him if he brought something home. to this day i still love taking things apart... recommended

Guest disparaissant

Carl Sagan's Cosmos is what got me kicked off. Bill Nye and Newton's Apple didn't hurt, either.

Guest Rambo

How do you ensure that your brood is more IDM than everyone else?

Discuss.

make sure he walks in and catches you having sex with your pillow at some point and dont forget to fake your horror at the situation. He'll soon be in the margins of society just like his papa.

You want to know how to seal the deal? Get a parrot.

If one day your son walks up to you and says hey dad, my two favorite bands in the whole world have released a total of 3 albums in ten years, you were successful.

Guest Enter a new display name

don't... let them make up their own minds on what to listen to. don't mold them into your image.

...says the man who made his 2-year old son sing Wu-Tang Clan. :tongue:

my dad has nothing to do with what i listen to throughout life. my dad was a hendrix fan. my mom was into disco and that romantic spanish music. if anything, i indirectly had something to do with my dad's musical tastes... especially when i was living in florida. my sister gave him a cd i made and i heard him bumping it in his car... as time went by, he would buy or download other artists. he really got into fsol during my stay in florida and i didn't introduce him to it. autechre was too much for him.

well i think you should playing them everything you got, expand their minds

my dad played me all that shit growing up,

movie soundtracks

jazz

big band

classical

hip hop

rock

etc

kraftwerk

then

chemical brothers...

he maybe wasn't a music lover, but he was cultured

so i turned out to be a music lover. as soon as i heard kraftwerk and maurice ravel and chemical brothers i became obsessed

so i think it's good, just play your kids everything there is and they'll be better off for it, and they'll also have the ability to follow which genres they like out of what you play, and they WILL make it clear to you what genres those are

"put on kraftwerk father!!!!!!"

Sample you beating them to make some sweet percussion and their cries to make awesome synth sounds.

The sounds of their birth and conception can be used to make some of the other percussion and synth sounds as well as the atmospheric noises.

Archived