IGNORED

Raising IDM kids.

cloudbreaker

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Lock them in a closet with 3 contact mics, a 4 track recorder, and a casio/MPC.

2. Slide food under door and tell them to get to work or they won't get any more.

3. 5-10 years later release childs musics

4. Profit $$$$$

This is stupid. My Dad has been the main musical influence in my life and yesterday he told me to turn off Autechre because it was "shite".

i agree with your dad.

I try to play my kid cool stuff, but he really doesn't like any of it other than Kraftwerk. Shitty pop music that he hears at his mums place on the other hand :cry:

I've spent most of my early years during summer at my aunts house. My grandpa used to pick me up every day and we would drive around to see and explore beautiful places. My dad and I did a lot of alpine hiking, fossil diggin, drawing, reading, learning..etc. That's probably why I feel so strongly connected to nature and freedom today and love to return and seek peace. My dad was also quite a craftsman. We used to spend a lot of time in the workshop. All I remember hearing was the Beatles, Roy Orbison, Pink Floyd and Ravi Shankar (and more or less other 60s/70s music). I could say I'm kind of brought up to be a hippy (intentionally or not - my dad certainly was in his youth) but I've been growing up in the city, and the club culture soon began to rule my adolescence.

ill probably do what my dad did to me. raise my son on Santana and Rick James. not any of this glitch-hop. i dont want my kid coming home with a black eye.

at home we play all sorts of music... hip hop, jazz, reggae, electronic, pop, indie rock type music, classical, classic rock. he seems to react more to hip hop and pop musics. autechre he only accepts because i told him robots made that music. he seems not to like guitar driven music and he likes hooks or something memorable in a track. like that usher song, he walks around sometimes going "OH OH O-OH! OH MY GOD!"

that being said... he's really likes quasimoto's "come on feet" track!

he's funny cuz when he's in the mood for something he'll ask my wife to put on usher or ludacris on her computer. when he's in the mood for hip hop or lord quas or robot music he comes to me and asks for it.

at home we play all sorts of music... hip hop, jazz, reggae, electronic, pop, indie rock type music, classical, classic rock. he seems to react more to hip hop and pop musics. autechre he only accepts because i told him robots made that music. he seems not to like guitar driven music and he likes hooks or something memorable in a track. like that usher song, he walks around sometimes going "OH OH O-OH! OH MY GOD!"

that being said... he's really likes quasimoto's "come on feet" track!

he's funny cuz when he's in the mood for something he'll ask my wife to put on usher or ludacris on her computer. when he's in the mood for hip hop or lord quas or robot music he comes to me and asks for it.

come on feet is a wicked track

Guest iamabe

give them lots of Legos!

give them a cookie when they make a good 808 pattern and taser them when they don't.

Guest tht tne

give them lots of Legos!

give them a cookie when they make a good 808 pattern and taser them when they don't.

why did the cookie go to the hospital?

he was feeling crummy

Carl Sagan's Cosmos is what got me kicked off. Bill Nye and Newton's Apple didn't hurt, either.

zomg this, although I only really wanted a Newton and my longing went unrequited until obsolescence.

And before Nye (and then Sagan) I think I was watching 3-2-1 Contact when I was a tiny one, or sommatt.

321.jpg

And eventually watching my NES glitch out beautifully.

Edit: Or maybe I'm confusing IDM with Aspercore again.

This is stupid. My Dad has been the main musical influence in my life and yesterday he told me to turn off Autechre because it was "shite".

i agree with your dad.

bollix

just listen to what you would normally and kids will likely pick it up.

my dad was my biggest musical influence when i was growing up - he would listen to mostly classical music's as well as donovan and the beatles.

múm was into erik satie, the doors and cream

Archived