IGNORED

Underworld - Barking

Guest Fishtank

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thought about the box set - saw the cheap one, just the album right in front of me - bought it. if the album isn't going to do it for me, a bonus disc and a DVD isn't going to save it.

the album is great, but i had to hear the alternative versions... i have everything underworld's ever done except their underworldlive albums... as for dvd: do want

On the the alternate versions disc, is You Do Scribble the version that they do live? i really didn't like what they did turning it in to this album version.

knowing underworld, you do scribble has probably gone through iterations itself, but basically the answer to your question is yes (p.s. Fishtank get in here)

Some of the CD2 versions are early, obviously unfinished ones (Strumpet Groove, Always Loved A Film, Diamond Jigsaw (Demo)), but some of them sound like they could (and probably should) be on the finished album - You Do Scribble, Hamburg Hotel Essex and Grace/Telematic Peal in particular - neither disc is the strongest possible combination, although the first sounds the most finished.

Guest Fishtank

just FYI there's an EP for Always Loved a Film with a bunch of remixes on it

Underworld-%E2%80%93-Always-Loved-a-Film.jpg

1. Loved A Film (Album Version) 6:56

2. Loved A Film (Extended Club Mix) 7:52

3. Loved A Film (Michael Woods Remix) 7:43

4. Loved A Film (Dj Madskillz Dark Movie Remix) 7:10

5. Loved A Film (Solo Uk Remix) 6:42

6. Loved A Film (Breakage's Lazer Fingers Remix) 4:02

7. Loved A Film (Radio Edit) 3:38

8. Loved A Film (Instrumental) 7:45

9. Loved A Film (Michael Woods Dub Remix) 7:44

Listening to the album now for the first time, and Scribble just came on.. still can't stand it. First 2 songs were good though. Hope the rest is better.

Tracks like Scribble set underworld apart from the rest, they are not afraid of being pigeon-holed. They have flirted with d&b in the past though, check out Banstyle and especially Pearls Girl.

Scribble is great.

Listening to the album now for the first time, and Scribble just came on.. still can't stand it. First 2 songs were good though. Hope the rest is better.

Tracks like Scribble set underworld apart from the rest, they are not afraid of being pigeon-holed. They have flirted with d&b in the past though, check out Banstyle and especially Pearls Girl.

Scribble is great.

I know they have, and I love them.. nothing wrong with DnB at all!

I've been a long time true fan since Dubno came out, and I even like their never stuff although they are not always enjoyed by the old fans, but I just think Scribble and a few others on the new album sound too much like any other crap out there right now.. they don't stand apart with that song at all, rather the contrary in my ears.

Sad, but I think they could have pulled this of in a better way. I've been following some of these songs through their many incarnations on live shows and radioshows, and the final versions do not live up to the "originals" imo.

Guest AcrossCanyons

can somebody tell me where to start with underworld. their discography is quite large and i've no idea where to go.

ps i really like scribble

can somebody tell me where to start with underworld. their discography is quite large and i've no idea where to go.

ps i really like scribble

It's not really that large album wish - I say approach the [underworld mark ii] albums chronologically: So dubnobass,second toughest,beaucoup fish,100 days off,oblivion with bells and then this

But if you want to try just one thing go for their live album Everything Everything...

Guest AcrossCanyons

thanks for the recs... downloading dubno and oblivion with bells atm as they seem to be the most highly praised albums. i don't see why scribble is so hated, i love it, been playing it every 10 minutes or so all today! (but then again, i also love the new squarepusher tracks which don't seem to be going down well here)

OWB is an opinion splitter, which frequently appears as most loved or most hated album. It's quite an ambient/soundtracky one and my personal favourite. Beaucoup Fish and Barking are the most club-friendly. Dubnobasswithmyheadman is probably the most essential, and Second Toughest In The Infants tends to fall just behind that, although I've never been a massive fan. A Hundred Days Off sees the band trying to find their feet after Darren Emerson left and, suitably, fits halfway between Beaucoup Fish and Oblivion With Bells, stylistically.

A Hundred Days Off sees the band trying to find their feet after Darren Emerson left

I always wonder how the band would have panned out if he had stayed with them, sound wise.

Not seen much of darren on the DJing circuit lately, he used to do plenty of big Global Underground shows but its probably been a couple of years since ive seen him on any club flyers... kicking himself much?!

OWB is an opinion splitter, which frequently appears as most loved or most hated album. It's quite an ambient/soundtracky one and my personal favourite.

....aaand it's probably my most hated album, even though it starts of w/ two crowd pleasing tracks. something about it just doesn't work for me, plus it's got the most horrendous title.

I'm digging some Barking though.

Archived