IGNORED

Underworld - Barking

Guest Fishtank

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've ordered the ridiculously priced boxset with second disc and DVD and stuff. I think I can make it to next week until listening. It's difficult though.

No, I shall wait for high quality audio and artwork.

Guest Fishtank

I saw they did video for every song, I wish I could afford the DVD

My favorite tracks on the new release are Bird 1, Scribble and Diamond Jigsaw

I think the artwork is a good indication of how they feel about the album.

Very colourful, and a whole lot of fun to make.

From what I've heard of the album it does indeed seem to match... it's like... so bad... but so awesome at the same time... I think I'll wait till I get my hands on the cd before I listen to all of it but I'm really looking forward to it. It seems to appeal to the same part of me that likes cheesy euro house and J pop.

The box set has just arrived on my desk at work! The mess of a cover at this big scale weirdly seems to make the artwork make much more sense - it sure is a solidly made little thing and reminds me of Radiohead's In Rainbows Ltd 12''/CD version of the album ...

Plus signed artwork by the boys :happy:

A friend of mine didn't want to splash out on the super-deluxe-o-mega-pack version but was curious what was in it so I sent her some photos - but I thought it'd make sense to link them here as well whilst they're still uploaded:

(stuck in a spoiler so as not to kill this page)

und01-1.jpg

und02-1.jpg

und03-1.jpg

und04-1.jpg

und05-1.jpg

und06-1.jpg

und07-1.jpg

und08-1.jpg

und09-1.jpg

und10-1.jpg

und11-1.jpg

Yeah it looks fucking lush doesnt it :mcgriff:

The art print is definitely getting framed.

I think I like the alternative versions as much as the proper album versions. Even the Paul van Dyk collaboration sounds awesome.

The DVD is getting a viewing tomorrow as the missus is working late :cisfor:

Really, really enjoyable album. I think the only track that hasnt struck a chord yet is the Appleblim collab, which doesnt sound quite a rich as the rest of the tracks.

edit: According to http://www.underworldlive.com/events/ there is a San Francisco show. And holy shit, what a fucking show it will be: http://www.cowpalace.com/index.php?view=details&id=44%3Alive-105s-subsonic-spookfest&option=com_eventlist&Itemid=89

Aaron Axelsen

Blaqk Audio

Booka Shade/Classix

Dada Life

DJ Kid Lightning

DJ Shadow

Felix Cartel

LA Riots

Moby

MSTKRFT

Steve Aoki

Uffie