IGNORED

Underworld - Barking

Guest Fishtank

Guest Fishtank

http://www.underworldlive.com/news/newspage.asp?DID=1360

100504-barking-600.jpg

The tracks on Barking are:

Bird 1 (Co-Produced by Dubfire)

Always Loved A Film (Co-Produced by Mark Knight & D. Ramirez)

Scribble (Co-Produced by High Contrast)

Hamburg Hotel (Co-Produced by Appleblim & Al Tourettes)

Grace (Co-Produced by Dubfire)

Between Stars (Co-Produced by Mark K & D. Ramirez)

Diamond Jigsaw (Co-Produced by Paul van Dyk)

Moon In Water (Co-Produced by High Contrast)

Louisiana

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

co-produced by, co-produced by?....i'm already suspicious and fearing for the worst, especially after hearing Scribble. have not lost all hope yet though. holding out. come on you two, put it out.

There's me thinking that the MGMT album cover was the worst one i'd see in 2010.....

I quite liked that Scribble track. The NME slagged it off last week (was on a train journey, thats the reason LoL), so I liked it even more.

Guest analogue wings

Scribble is cheesy as fuck but you'd have to be some kind of grumpy cunt/angry teenager to not like it

Album version is quite a bit less "obvious" too

• 3 weeks later...

Eek, they're really treading the fine line between a light hearted dance track and a real cheesy pop one with this second track - I keep expecting a Robert Miles-esque piano line to kick in .... I'm not sure I'm liking where this album is heading :unsure:

Scribble is a very awesome track and it takes on an even higher dimension when you watch the video and see the unabashed joy in Karl's face. It's just that, "he and I" have "been together" a long time now through a lot of amazing times in life so I'm helpless at his excitement over the track

me too. my friend got tomato to do an art piece (skateboard deck) for an exhibit he had a few years ago, i think i want to try to buy it off of him (they laser etched the board):

http://www.tomato.co.uk/wp-content/2008/05/01_board_44_wide_21.jpg

http://www.tomato.co.uk/wp-content/2008/05/02_board_44_wide_1.jpg

http://www.tomato.co.uk/wp-content/2008/05/03_board_44_cu_2.jpg

http://www.tomato.co.uk/wp-content/2008/05/05_board_44_cu.jpg

Guest rowla

Underworld were the first live act that I saw, I remember it being awesome but that was nearly 8 years ago? Fuck i'm getting older. I look forward to this but not without trepidation, I found OWB to be a bit phoned in. Cool that they're touring, i'll definately be there to dance my arse off.

Im sure they would not do a colaboration album if they did not think they could pull it off - underworld are a massive underground success and dont really need to drag in big names like they have here. Im looking forward to hearing the rest of the tracks, I love scribble and ive heard one of the dubfire collabs it was pretty cool.

Seen them live 4 times now, never dissapointing.

I was really turned off at first, but Always Loved A Film came out brilliantly and the limited edition version of the album comes with a disc of all the non-collaborative versions so I'm really looking forward to it now.

Doubt it'll top Oblivion With Bells for me, though.

I pre-ordered that limited edition album version, im a sucker for boxed sets.

Ditto, I'm such an idiot -any time I see something that's even vaguely limited or signed etc. I have to buy it :facepalm:

i'm hanging by a thread with underworld. i like them, but their releases since beaucoupe fish hasn't had staying power with me. i'll listen for like a year or so then forget about it.

Guest Fishtank

I think Underworld has been pretty consistent about putting out good stuff

There's only a hand full of track I really don't like even if some of these new songs lean heavily on pop material

Guest cult fiction

High Contrast has got to be the most boring dnb producer ever. Does he even touch the breaks at all? I'm pretty sure I can find a break and loop it for 5 minutes... Underworld, give me a call!

• 2 weeks later...

For the underworld fans:

Underworld live at Priviliege, Ibiza, 8th August 2010 (Radio 1 essential mix)

1. [00.00.00] Downpipe

2. [08.00.00] Always Loved A Film

3. [14.02.00] Two Months Off

4. [21.58.00] Scribble

5. [28.38.00] Rez/Cowgirl

6. [38.59.00] Between Stars

7. [45.09.00] King Of Snake

8. [54.36.00] Nuxx

Awesome set indeed, would have been pure euphoria in that massive hangar of a club!

Guest Greg Reason

I found OWB to be a bit phoned in. Cool that they're touring, i'll definately be there to dance my arse off.

You've got to be kidding me.

Guest Greg Reason

Doubt it'll top Oblivion With Bells for me, though.

This is how I feel. I'm sure it'll be great but Oblivion was an absolute masterpiece.

Archived