IGNORED

Underworld - Barking

Guest Fishtank

Guest AcrossCanyons

gave OWB a spin last night, really enjoy some of the tracks. a few meh ones, but nothing bad.

oh, and could anybody PM me barking? it's proving difficult for me to track down...

looking forward to diving into the rest of their discog

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AcrossCanyons

oh, and could anybody PM me barking? it's proving difficult for me to track down...

it's the new record; how bout you just buy it.

i'm just getting into the dudes, i'm not going to shell money out for something i know nothing about. on the other hand, if i listen to it and enjoy it enough i'd gladly buy it providing it was at a fair price. :ok:

i'm just getting into the dudes, i'm not going to shell money out for something i know nothing about. on the other hand, if i listen to it and enjoy it enough i'd gladly buy it providing it was at a fair price. :ok:

lame excuse.

All the tracks can be streamed via their myspace, and are also on youtube.

Sample them there, then buy it :sorcerer:

Guest AcrossCanyons

lame excuse.

it's hardly a lame excuse, because it's not an excuse - i'll admit i don't care enough to buy it, but want to listen. (then maybe buy it who knows). everybody apart from xxx downloads music here, why get all high and mighty :sorcerer:

thanks for the heads up anyway chief

I just watched the DVD, a nice way to listen to an album for the first time.

I really like most of it, the tracks that are filled to the brim with cheese were my favourites. The videos were ok, I liked the first on the most, but Diamond Jigsaw was pretty funny (the end was SOOO CUTE!!!) and Moon in Water was pretty cool too (I don't suspect I'll like that song quite as much without the video, the combination of the sound and visuals worked with each other really nicely).

It's hard for me to compare to their older stuff cos I don't have all their albums (I still need Dubnobasswithmyheadman and Oblivion with Bells, I'm not interested in the 80's stuff).

I remember first hearing those two Underworld (mk.1) albums whilst at university - They're both hilarious from being so cheesily awful that they somehow end up being enjoyable again. There's a synth backing going all the way though Change The Weather's Original Song sounds which sounds really familiar to a latter day Underworld track but I can't quite place it.

BTW as a complete aside the track M.E. from dubnobass.... played on Vib Ribbon is absolutely impossible

LOL, or do, if you like Midnight Oil.

Man, I loved Midnight Oil once upon a time. I can only remember that album with Beds Are Burning, Truganini, etc.--everybody gave that lead singer shit but I thought he was pretty innovative for the time and the band was tight. I think "My Country" still rocks. To the Oz on the board--are they still active back home?

the singer is now a politician

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Garrett

OK then i made this freaked out realization today. So Rick and Karl first got together in 1979 in the punk group The Screen Gemz.....Soooooo, the 2003 film Underworld w/ Kate Beckinsale (and the series that follows) was produced by none other than, you guessed it, Screen Gems the Hollywood production company. It's like some kind of sick prophecy.

Oh yeah; Barking. So i'm getting the box set after all. Here's what you do; you go to their Facebook link http://www.facebook.com/underworldlive?v=app_4949752878&ref=search and you check out the grid to find out the best way to get it in your country online...so i don't have to pay dirty English shipping anymore for it.

You know why the cover seems to make more sense now? BECAUSE IT'S DIFFERENT!!!

This is the one in the beginning of the thread when the album was announced:

100504-barking-600.jpg

And this is the one in stores now:

underworld-barking-498x498.jpg

And my one is different still (I've got the one with the DVD, not the 3 disc box set...)

OH MY GOD I tried finding the one I have and I found one like it but SLIGHTLY different...

1283462644_underworld-barking.jpg

How many variations are there? Mysterious....

Ok here's the one I've got (I like how each of these images are getting progressively smaller :P)

underworld-barking-cd-dvd.jpg

lame excuse.

it's hardly a lame excuse, because it's not an excuse - i'll admit i don't care enough to buy it, but want to listen. (then maybe buy it who knows). everybody apart from xxx downloads music here, why get all high and mighty :sorcerer:

Not an excuse? When you say "i'll admit i don't care enough to buy it, but want to listen" after being told you can stream the whole goddamn album on their myspace page, your argument starts to sound like a bunch of teenage bullshit.

Get your wallet out. Pay the fucking £6. The artist could surely use the money to make another record.

You know why the cover seems to make more sense now? BECAUSE IT'S DIFFERENT!!!

This is the one in the beginning of the thread when the album was announced:

100504-barking-600.jpg

And this is the one in stores now:

underworld-barking-498x498.jpg

And my one is different still (I've got the one with the DVD, not the 3 disc box set...)

OH MY GOD I tried finding the one I have and I found one like it but SLIGHTLY different...

1283462644_underworld-barking.jpg

How many variations are there? Mysterious....

Ok here's the one I've got (I like how each of these images are getting progressively smaller :P)

underworld-barking-cd-dvd.jpg

One of those messes doesn't make anymore sense then the next mess. Each format is slightly different including the 3 disc and they all still look like a big mess. think they were just saying that it looks better when it's bigger as on the box set. personally i think a huge improvement would be to ditch the kids drawings type stuff in it.

Guest AcrossCanyons

lame excuse.

Not an excuse? When you say "i'll admit i don't care enough to buy it, but want to listen" after being told you can stream the whole goddamn album on their myspace page, your argument starts to sound like a bunch of teenage bullshit.

Get your wallet out. Pay the fucking £6. The artist could surely use the money to make another record.

oh shush you. i didn't know i could stream the entire album on the myspace, i thanked this person for the info. i don't care enough to buy it to try it out, but i'd like to try it out and then if i enjoy it buy it. what's hard to understand?

leave it be. i'm not bothered enough about this to argue about it, i just thought i'd throw it into my post because it isn't a big deal either way and i was just asking if somebody here could pm me because i don't want to spend all the time finding shitty 128/192kbps files.

One of those messes doesn't make anymore sense then the next mess. Each format is slightly different including the 3 disc and they all still look like a big mess. think they were just saying that it looks better when it's bigger as on the box set. personally i think a huge improvement would be to ditch the kids drawings type stuff in it.

I honestly believe the first one is way worse than any of the released ones, the final ones have more texture to them, more complexity and depth. The first one just looks unfinished. It looks like pre-vis compared to the full CG render :P

Guest Greg Reason

OWB is an opinion splitter, which frequently appears as most loved or most hated album. It's quite an ambient/soundtracky one and my personal favourite. Beaucoup Fish and Barking are the most club-friendly. Dubnobasswithmyheadman is probably the most essential, and Second Toughest In The Infants tends to fall just behind that, although I've never been a massive fan. A Hundred Days Off sees the band trying to find their feet after Darren Emerson left and, suitably, fits halfway between Beaucoup Fish and Oblivion With Bells, stylistically.

Oblivion With Bells is the best I reckon.

Second up I'd probably choose Second Toughest, although I'm big into A Hundred Days Off.

Haven't listened to Barking yet; I'm in no great rush. I prefer em to be dark and I anticipate great disappointment with this one

Archived