IGNORED

All things transfer and rumour related

Guest Alex C

Guest Gary C

he won't go to City because United is his dream job.

This too. I would only want him at United if he commits long-term though.

Mourinho wants United. It's really the only team that could challenge Barcelona in a year or two. Aside from Real, the others are a little too far away.

And the days of top-level manager's staying in their job for decades is over.

Edited by Gary C
  • Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

United will go to someone like David Moyes. Mourinho just wants to win things, he also like to spend shit loads of money (which united don't have) if he returns to England, it will be to City.

Guest Gary C

David Moyes deserves a bigger club. Maybe there's already some agreement and that's why he's stayed at Everton for so long?

Unfortunately United will want a manager who has a proven record of winning things rather than picking the most romantic candidate.

he won't go to City because United is his dream job.

This too. I would only want him at United if he commits long-term though.

Mourinho wants United. It's really the only team that could challenge Barcelona in a year or two. Aside from Real, the others are a little too far away.

And the days of top-level manager's staying in their job for decades is over.

As much as it pains me to say it - City is probably closer to challenging Barca - they have a much stronger midfield than we do. City needs a little more depth and someone who can focus the players - two things Mourinho excels at. However, in my (probably controversial) view - Barca's dominance is already starting to wane.

While everton are not in the same class as the Cl teams, Moyes has been there for a decade now. Wenger has been at Arsenal since 96. Mourinho did spend 4 years at Chelsea - and I imagine would have spent longer if Abramovich wasn't such a petulant child. I do agree though, it's harder to find managers, and teams for that matter, which are willing to make those long commitments to one another.

Guest Gary C

I'd agree that Barca are beginning to wane, although their level has been so high that they could be mediocre for the next 5 years and still win the CL twice.

Guest Ron Manager

David Moyes deserves a bigger club. Maybe there's already some agreement and that's why he's stayed at Everton for so long?

Unfortunately United will want a manager who has a proven record of winning things rather than picking the most romantic candidate.

I think Moyes is that rare breed of genuine manager who is just really happy in his job and loves the players he works with... contra Hughes who had a great chance to rebuild his career at Fulham but bizarrely left after a single season (I presume he thought there was something lined up for him that fell through?). Sure, with Everton's financial situation, they have to sell when decent (Arteta) or silly (Lescott) offers come in for their players, but Everton players always seem really proud to turn out for him, and I think everyone genuinely loves the club. Look at Pienaar: he left but after flopping at Spurs asked Redknapp personally to sanction a loan back there.

As for United, I really do feel that they'll promote Giggs. Fergie thinks he's the man and Giggs has hardly denied that he wants the job...

I think Moyes is that rare breed of genuine manager who is just really happy in his job and loves the players he works with... contra Hughes who had a great chance to rebuild his career at Fulham but bizarrely left after a single season (I presume he thought there was something lined up for him that fell through?). Sure, with Everton's financial situation, they have to sell when decent (Arteta) or silly (Lescott) offers come in for their players, but Everton players always seem really proud to turn out for him, and I think everyone genuinely loves the club. Look at Pienaar: he left but after flopping at Spurs asked Redknapp personally to sanction a loan back there.

As for United, I really do feel that they'll promote Giggs. Fergie thinks he's the man and Giggs has hardly denied that he wants the job...

Good comments re: Moyes, but lol where are you hearing this about Giggsy?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Gary C

I don't think they're directly related, but it's a clever signing either way.

Whilst being a bargain for a powerful and experienced winger/striker, it's a sign for RVP that Arsenal are willing to bring in a better class of player to push for trophies. But if the worst does happen and RVP won't sign (and an offer of more than 40m arrives) then it would have been a pre-emptive signing. The type of which should have been pre-Fabregas.

Having both Van Persie and Podolski would be incredible. But it just sounds too good to be true.

I don't how much money Wenger is willing to spend this summmer, I would love to see a player like M'Vila or Hazard join. And for the first transfer window in years we don't really need a center back. Koscielny was really grown, and with Vermalaen back it all looks very promising defensively.

But he has to have some money to spend. He sold players for 69.000.000£ last winter, and Arsenal had the 2nd highest revenue from player sales. Time for Wenger to show some financial muscles.

Edited by Npoess
Guest Gary C

Hazard is out of our league unfortunately. City and United are getting themselves into a bidding war, and I'm sure that Barcelona will be keeping an eye on him in light of their need for an uplifting signing.

I would love to see M'Vila as he is going to be a class midfielder over the next 8-10 years, but I don't see where he would fit into our midfield. Rosicky just signed a new contract, Ramsey still needs another season, Wilshere will always be in the starting line-up when he's fit and Song is the best DM in the league IMO (although he's been given the license to play box-to-box this season which makes him even more amazing).

We need to sell Denilson and Diaby which I'm fine with, but then what about Frimpong and Coquelin who have both shown promise.

Oh, and Arteta, who might not be exciting, but he's a solid motor in midfield. I would love M'Vila, but I just don't see it happening.

Christian Erikson would be my kind of midfield signing. Young enough not to displace Song, Arteta and Wilshere without amazing form, but young enough to push in ahead of Frimpong and Coquelin and see the end of Diaby.

Well.. You're right, the midfield is well occupied. Arteta has been really good all season and Rocisky has really found his form again. Song and Wilshere has to play aswell of course.

But it's just that the matches/youtube videos I've watched with M'Vila, I can't help but think he will become the new Vieira.

If Christian Eriksen will be leaving Ajax this season. I'm pretty sure it will be for Man U or a spanish club (that's what he's been hinting at). And he has already kind of rejected Chelsea and Man. City last season. But yes, he would be a great addition.

Edited by Npoess
Guest Gary C

Cool. Sounds good to me.

Squillaci needs to go, and Mertesacker will have his games. What with Gibbs being regularly crocked and Vermaelen more than capable at left-back it might make sense to get another CB.

Djourou just signed an extension, though, and Koscielny is becoming the best static CB we've had since Steve Bould, so I'm dubious.

Guest Gary C

I didn't call him capable, but he's not as bad as some others. I'd put him above Squillaci and Mertesacker in the pecking order. He's adaptable too and whilst Sagna was injured our defence looked a little steadier with a right-back reluctant to run forwards.

Sagna is perfect though.